22 | the unsub likes strawberry shortcake

the unsub likes strawberry shortcake

t w e n t y - t w o

"Kaili always wanted to dye her hair, I told her to wait until she was older. She didn't listen to me. She bought the brightest red hair dye and she did it herself, and I was so mad, but she looked happy with it. Then she wanted to cut it, like how you have your hair. I knew she wouldn't listen, but I still said no, and she did it anyway"

She nodded and watched as Iris smiled painfully.

"Is there anything you remember from that morning Kaili went missing that was strange or out of place?"

Grey licked his lips and nodded.

"She said she was going over to her friend's house, Abegail  Rose, but her and Abegail hadn't spoke in almost 2 years. I know, girls are weird, but she was set on hating Abegail because she had spread a rumor about Kaili, saying she had slept with the football team. My daughter would not want anything to do with Abegail after that, and it was weird that she would even mention her name"

"Honey, she was going to see Tyler, Abë's older brother. She just, she didn't want to tell you that"

"Wait, so she was going to see Tyler Rose and she never came back?"

Iris gasped and Grey tried to soothe her.

"Oh my god, did that boy kill my baby?"

Tears were shed, and Karyn felt bad, these people would never get to see their daughter again.

"Please find him, and don't tell me when you do, because I will kill him"

She bit her lip and sent the grieving parents back home. She sighed and took a seat, resting her head in her hands.

"Are you alright?"

He sat beside her, rubbing her back soothingly. She huffed and leaned into him.

"I hate watching grieving parents, there's so much hurt and pain. I hate it"

He kissed her forehead and tried to help her. She just leaned into him even more, loving the scent of him.

"They all look like me, and I think that hurts the parents but I know that it establishes a slight trust between me and them, I just feel like an imposter"

"But you're not an imposter, you just happen to look like the victims, that's also one of the reasons that you're stuck here"

"Do you think I should join the team? JJ said I would make a good profiler but I don't know. I can barely handle emotional parents."

He kissed her forehead once more.

"I would like you to join, but it's your decision. Now, you've got two more families. This next one, the mother killed herself after she found out, the father almost didn't come in, try not to break down"

She frowned and pecked his lips.

"'Kay"

"Some things scratch the surface while others strike at your soul"
- Gianna Perada Carini