52 | you're the one that i love, and i'm saying goodbye

you're the one that i love, and i'm saying goodbye

f i f t y - t w o

It had been six days, she was gone. He was visibly distraught. Everyone could see the bruises on his knuckles, he didn't even try to hide them. He was fighting again.

Penelope couldn't believe she had left, and so she was sat, searching for anything on Karyn Novak. And today, after almost a week of looking, she found something, something terrible.

Penelope walked into the bullpen, crying. Derek tried to comfort her but she just couldn't stop crying. She caught the attention of the whole team.

"What is it Garcia?"

Rossi looked at her.

"S-she"

She was hysterical, they barely understood her.

"Who? Garcia?"

Spencer grew worried, a sinking feeling setting in.

"K-karyn, car cra-crash"

It dawned on them, Karyn was dead. Rossi looked at Spencer who bit his lip, eyes welling up with tears.

"What?"

His voice broke, and he had to take a seat at his desk, biting his thumb as he stared at his desk.

"S-she's gone?"

"This is all your fault Reid"

It took everyone by surprise when Emily said that.

"What?"

He looked at her, hot tears streaming down his cheeks.

"You let her walk away, I bet you didn't even try to stop her, did you? If you would have just did something, she would still be here with us, and you know it"

Emily glared at him, angry at him for not stopping Karyn, angry at Karyn for leaving in the first place, angry at herself for not being able to do anything for her friend.

Spencer nodded, agreeing with her.

"It is my fault, I should have tried harder"

"No, this was something that couldn't be helped. It's not your fault Reid, you couldn't stop her"

Derek looked at Emily, confused.

"He didn't even try!"

"Prentiss, I suggest you take a breather. I understand that this is a big loss, and if you need to take some time, that includes you too Reid, you take the time"

Spencer opened his drawer, grabbing the notepad that Karyn had drew in when she was there the first couple times. He grabbed his stuff and nodded to the others, going home.

When he got there, he threw his stuff on the loveseat, finally letting his sobs out. His throat hurt and his eyes burned. He glared at the loveseat, remembering all the memories he had of her and him.

"What are we?"

He looked up to her innocently. She smiled and sat down next to him.

"What do you want us to be?"

He bit his lip once again, her eyes watching closely.

"I want there to be an us"

She nodded. He looked at her, leaning closer, he brushed his lips against her's slightly.

"Spencer,"

She smiled and kissed him back, hands on the collar of his shirt.

"There is an us"

He closed his eyes tightly, not wanting to remember.

"Are you sure?"

She nodded, biting her lip, rubbing her bare thighs together as she looked up at him from the loveseat.

"Please touch me"

He slid down the wall, his head in his hands as he cried harder.

He began reading and she could barely keep up, but she did. She enjoyed listening to his voice as he read the book. He was almost finished when she shut it.

"Hey, you know that's rude. I was still reading"

She frowned and pecked his lips.

"Sorry, I just want to kiss you now"

"We-well, I guess I can forgive you this time"

He stared at the floor, his tears calming.

"Spencer, you're a Taurus and I'm a Gemini, we're typically not compatible"

He shook his head, looking at her.

"This is the only time I'll say that the statistics are wrong"

"49% of all statistics are made up on the spot"

He kissed her forehead and she cuddled closer, kissing his cheek before going back to watching the television.

He just sighed, leaning into the wall. He stood up and made his way to his bedroom, looking for some clothes to change into after his shower.

He was going through his dresser when he realized that she had taken his salmon colored button up. He smiled softly before remembering that she was gone.

He shook the tears away and tried to focus on going to the shower. But it was hard, he had to face the reality that she was gone....and he didn't want to.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you: you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for"
- Bob Marley