Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Cammie pov

I took a deep breath and opened the first one, here goes nothing. The first one just happened to be the thickest. The elegant writing on the front told me it was from Rebecca, Macey and Elizabeth.

It read: Dear Cammie,

We knew you you find it hard to read all of our letters at once, therefore we agreed amongst ourselves to write you one together. And we still wrote you individual letters in the back for when you are ready. Don't forget to read them Cammie, we will know.

I laughed, I could tell who wrote each parts. Bex definitely wrote the last sentence. Not to mention their handwriting pretty much gave it away.

We will keep this short Cam. Don't forget about us when you are in Blackthorne. We hope you are safe, and wish you to come back to visit. We all understand why you left the way you did, without telling anyone. Don't worry we put him in his place.

Love your friends, Bex, Liz and Macey

It warmed my heart to know they were still looking out for me even after all I've done. I left them without so much as a word. I mean I did leave a letter, but not a chance to stay in person. I regret not telling them, but I knew if I did go to them to say goodbye they would convince me to stay.

They would have made it too hard to go, and I needed to go away. At least they understood that. The tone of the letter still seemed a little bitter to me. They have all the reason to be upset with me.

The joint letter gave me the courage to read on. Macey basically told me to look out for myself and some advice to help, She suggested that I change my hairstyle, and possibly cut off my waist-length hair. She believes that if I see yself differently on the outside, it will help me internally.It was an intresting theory, and one I was willing to try.

Liz had the longest letter, and most of it was telling me how to treat wounds and injuries. She had a feeling I would need to know more about the healing arts in the future. Liz was also the most supportive out of the three of them.

She was the one to tell me how they truly felt about it, hurt. They tried their best to understand, however she described Roseville as more lonely without my presence. I think she was dramatizing it a little too much, my presence wouldn't have such a lasting impact. I was hated back home.

Bex had the shortest essay, but the most straightforward and strongly worded. She told me I made a stupid decision to leave. Bex said I was strong enough to stand up to everyone in Roseville, including Josh and Dede. She told me I had the strength to stay. She also expressed how sad they were about my departure from Gallagher, and how that sadness turned into anger.

Liz and Macey were nice enough to hide that when they decided to respond to my letter. Hearing my words from the first letter I sent helped eased their anger. However Bex claimed she was the only one that didn't see past it.

I considered myself to be the closest with Bex. Hearing that she was not too pleased with me hurt. I don't blame her for being upset with me. I just wished she would be more accepting.

Speaking of disappointment, that pretty much sums up my letter from my mother. She told me I was a lady and I would have to face my problems head on. She more or less called me a coward for leaving. The other words she said were too painful to repeat.

My Aunt Abby's letter was the exact opposite of my mother's. She told me not to take what she said too seriously. My mother felt betrayed that I left, she already lost my father, and losing her only child was enough to drive her mad.