twenty one

Hey dudes :D So here we go with chapter twenty one :)

-Chapter Twenty One-

I let out a small huff of air between my teeth as I reached down into the small alcove by my feet, my hand gripping the rough material of my school bag.

Reaching my spare hand up to the lever that opened the door, I climbed out of Elena's car and threw my bag over my shoulder, grinning at her.

I frowned suddenly as I realised she was also getting out, her bag also slung over her shoulder.

"What are you doing?"

She paused, giving me a confused look. "Coming into the house with you."

"Don't you have to look after Jeremy tonight? I thought Jenna had a date."

"She does, but Jeremy doesn't need me to look after him." She rolled her eyes.

"You're an awful sister."

"That's a bit rich coming from you, don't you think?"

"Do you want to come in or what?"

"Yes, I'm sorry."

I simply let out a chuckle, grinning as I reached into my pocket to fish out my house key. A frown creased my forehead as I chewed on my lip in concentration, releasing my grip on my school bag to continue the search in my pockets.

"Where the hell?" I hissed in frustration as I pulled out my pocket, groaning in annoyance.

"Don't tell me you've lost your key."

"I've lost my key." I shot back, still frowning as I fell to my knees on the concrete, starting to search in my bag.

"I told you not to tell me that."

"Since when do I actually ever listen to you?"

"You should start sometime."

I simply chuckled, shaking my head as I threw my chemistry textbook out my bag.

"FOR GOD'S SAKE WHERE IS IT?!"

"Can't we just knock for your brothers'?" She asked with that obvious tone, that people use when they purposely want to annoy the shit out of you, in her voice as she gracefully climbed the steps to knock on the door, crossing her arms as she waited for an answer.

"They're out." I simply stated, remembering the text Damon sent me on the way here.

"And you didn't think to tell me that?"

"You didn't ask." I simply said, giving up my search and running a hand down my cheek.

I placed my hands on my thighs, chewing on my lip as I tried to think of something we could do to get inside, without demolishing the house itself.

"Maybe we coul-"

"Looking for this?"

Elena and I's heads both spun around from our separate positions, staring increduously at the teenager standing by Elena's car.

I narrowed my eyes at him as he dangled my house key tauntingly between his fingers, his eyebrows raised but no hint of that mischevious grin on his face. That told me something at least. He didn't take it as a joke.

"Give it back, Liam." I demanded, staring at him but making no move to go and snatch it back from him.

"Come get it, Brooklyn." He snapped back, a frown crossing his angelic features. That caused Elena and I's eyebrows to both shoot up at the same time. Since when did Liam have such a cold tone to his voice?