thirty

omfg 100,000 reads you guys are absolutely amazing and ily all

- Chapter Thirty -

I closed my eyes and let out a sigh as I pressed the back of my head against the concrete wall.

I've lost count of how long I'd been in here now and to be honest, I didn't care how long had past. I was just surprised to still be alive at the moment.

I'm guessing that only about 3 days had past but with no windows or information from the outside world, I had no way of telling what time it was or whether it was night or day.

"If you're going to keep someone captive you should at least give them something to do so they don't die of boredom." I snapped, aiming the comment at Red Eyes who seemed to be my personal guard dog during my stay.

"Maybe that's our intent." He snapped back, the familiar red eyes appearing through the bars as he glared at me. I stared back, my teeth clenching before slowly turning my head away, not caring enough to reply.

His eyes were no longer threatening but more of a nuisance now. To me, he seemed as threatening as a teddy bear since he obviously had strict orders not to harm me because he made a ton of threats nearly every day but never followed through with them.

"Dickhead." I simply muttered, laying my legs out in front of me, occupying myself with staring at my converse, trying to figure out whether they were white or grey before they became worn.

I heard him grumble something from behind the door but I simply rolled my eyes. I pulled my leg up to my chest and started to untie my shoelace, only for me to redo it.

This is the extreme lengths you will go to when you're stuck in a cell with nothing better to do. They didn't even give me a book to read when I asked for one. They simply snorted and walked away, dumping my food through the small little flap that barely let my hand fit through.

The only communication I had with anyone else apart from Red Eyes was when someone came to deliver my food three times a day. But it seemed to be a different person everyday.

I was just pulling off my converse in an attempt to start playing a mini game of basketball with it when a large metallic clanking sound caught my attention. I frowned, my arm raised in mid air as I clutched my shoe while I turned to the door.

"Can you keep it down out there? I'm trying to play football." I snapped before quietly snickering at my own joke. Get it? Football? Because it's my shoe..? And I was going to play ball..? No? Fine.

I didn't get a retaliation from Red Eyes like I expected which caused me to become slightly curious. He always had a retaliation. Shoving my converse onto my foot but leaving it untied, I pushed myself up from the floor with a slight groan.

"Cat got your tongue or something?" I taunted, stretching out my arms slightly as I screwed up my eyes, enjoying the pleasant burning sensation as it spread through my body. I frowned once again when I got no response and pressed my hands against the wooden door as I peered through the metal bars.

My eyes widened slightly as I saw a silhouette at the end of the corridor, the figure's bodily figure being illuminated from the bright yellow light shining from behind and through the large doorway.

Suddenly a large growl echoed around the small corridor, I frowned and looked down at my hands as I felt the growl vibrate through the door and floor.

"Get away from her." The voice growled back, causing me to frown. I couldn't immediately identify the voice but I still felt comfort from hearing it, despite the threatening tone it held as they growled.