twenty seven

So, I know there hasn't really been a plot line evident in the story, but I assure you: I'm getting there. I've just been trying to figure out how to get there without diving straight into the deep end. But this chapter leads up to the plot part which is in the next chapter :)

---------------------------

I grimaced as Elena pulled at my hair in an attempt to tame my waves. 

"Do you think you could try and keep some hair on my head, please?" I asked bitterly as she dragged the brush viciously down my scalp. I let out a pained yelp as she reached yet another tangle.

"If you kept still, this would be over a lot quicker."

I let out a grumble and continued to grimace as she repeated the process once more before letting out a relieved sigh and stepping back, cocking her head to the side as she studied me.

"I think...you're done."

I rolled my eyes and stood up, dusting off my skinny jeans as I went to stand in front of the full length mirror in the corner of my room. My eyebrow involuntarily raised in surprise as I took in my appearance. "Holy shit, Elena, what sort of sorcery did you use?"

I watched as she came up behind me with a smug smile and her arms folded across her chest. "It's good, right?"

I let out a scoff to let her know that I was more than grateful for what she had managed to do to my appearance. I twisted my body slightly, attempting to get a glimpse of how I looked from behind.

My light brown hair fell in waves down my shoulders, stopping just about mid-chest. My light blue jeans hugged my figure, more than I liked to admit, but Elena had insisted I wear them. Instead of wearing the 'crop' top that came with the outfit, I replaced it with a simple light grey t-shirt that was slightly loose and I was much more comfortable in.

For all Elena knew, I had accidently lost the crop top in the massive pile of discarded clothes amongst my room.

Red lipstick was applied professionally and a small amount of eyeliner coated my upper and lower eyelids. When Elena started to talk about eyeshadow and mascara and lip-liner, I drew the line. I wasn't one for makeup. Everything I wore it, I had the sudden urge to just wipe it off.

I was using all my willpower to not bring my hand up to my face and just rub all of Elena's work off.

"I think this is where I thank you." I grinned back at her in the mirror, the lipstick making my lips appear bigger than they actually were.

"And this is probably where I say you're welcome." She smiled back, her own lips painted a light pink. She wore a pair of dark blue skinny jeans with a simple floral blouse that blew slightly in the wind entering through my open window.

"You ready?" She asked, raising an eyebrow as she shuffled over to my bed, her manicured hands gripping the black and glossy clutch, gracefully throwing it over her shoulder.

I blew out my cheeks as I took in a deep breath, taking one last glance at myself in the mirror and silently reassuring myself.

You can do this, Brook. It's only a party. Just relax.

I nodded at myself in the mirror, a knowing smirk working its way onto myself as I mentally prepared myself. Spinning around on my heel, I smirked at Elena as my hair swung over my shoulder. "You bet your ass I'm ready."

She shot me a smirk that was very similar to the one plastered on my face and nodded her head, opening my bedroom door and waving her hand. "Then shall we?"