Chapter 1

{A/N} Hey guys! Thanks so much for even looking at this! It really means a lot! I hope you enjoy and please leave feedback!

*****

I hastily grabbed my bag off of the hook on which it usually hung and rushed out the door. The brisk fall breeze hit me immediately and I wished I had grabbed my jacket, but it was too late now. I walked quickly along the sidewalk, cars rushing alongside me.

       It was Monday morning, and as usual, I had slept through my alarm and was running late for my first class. The city streets were filled with people, like me, rushing to get to where they were going. My feet skidded along the sidewalk, and I knew there was no way I would ever make it in time. I was still 5 blocks away from the school, so I just stared down at my feet as I walked. Why in the world am I always running late?

I was relieved from my thoughts when a shrill scream sounded against the normal city sounds. Then it was not just one scream, but screams. You looked up to be faced with at least fifty girls crowding up around something a couple blocks up ahead of me. Great. Just what I need--- -something to make me even more late. I decided it would just be easier to cross the street now and avoid the mob of teenage girls all together, rather than try and pass through them. The crosswalk sign flashed and I walked across to the other side of the road. I wondered what the girls were all looking at, but then again, this is LA. There’s always celebrities popping up, or movies being shot, so this wasn’t all that unusual.

I continued to walk down the street, mentally giving myself a pat on the back for crossing the street. I reached an intersection and had to stop. There was one other person standing there waiting. He had a hat on and some sweatpants on, with sunglasses covering his face. He looked like an idiot. I have never really been a fan of the whole “bad boy” image and have always liked the “clean-cut” type of boy much better. He looked to me and shot me a smile. I gave him a small smile back, trying to be sort of friendly, but not at all in the mood to become best friends with strangers. A few moments passed and a long stream of cars was still turning through the intersection. I glanced at my watch. It was so late. Soon, all of the doors at school would be locked, and I wouldn’t be able to get in.

“Well, this is taking far too long. Isn’t it?” the guy said, gesturing to me as I looked at my watch.

“Yeah.” I huffed, digging through my bag for my cell phone. Now I would have to call a friend to let me in. Many more people had joined us now at the intersection. The light changed and the crowd of unhappy, late-to-work people just like me, all started to cross the street. A loud gasp filled my ears and I turned around immediately. A single girl was running in my direction. The boy that had spoken to me earlier cursed under his breath.

Everything then started to happen in a blur. One minute I was calmly but quickly crossing the street, and the next, I was stuck in a mob of girls chasing the very boy whom I was alone with moments earlier. I didn’t know what to do. Screams and yells filled my ears, and I couldn’t even think straight. How do I get out of this mess? I pushed through the bodies that were closing in on me. Who was this guy anyway? I didn’t recognize him as any celebrity; however he was wearing sunglasses and a hat. I wasn’t getting anywhere, trying to push my way out, so I stopped trying. I just stood there, crunched between people. Well I’m not going to class now. I squeezed my eyes shut, begging for this all to just be over. The screaming was getting louder and louder, and my head started to pound from the noise.

After what seemed like hours of being stuck in the crowd, the noise started to die down. You saw a big, black SUV pull up. The guy must’ve escaped into the vehicle. The car drove away and everything seemed to slow down and progress was finally being made. The crowd was slowly starting to disperse and I silently thanked God for all of it being over. A few girls around me were still smiling and giggling, and I wondered who it was. Just for the heck of it, I decided to settle my curiosity and just ask, considering I actually shared somewhat of a conversation with him. I approached one of the many groups of girls, with smiles on their face so big, you would’ve thought they won the lottery.

“Hi. Who exactly was that?” I asked them.

“You don’t know who that was?” they asked, with incredulous looks on their faces.

“Well, he was wearing sunglasses and stuff…” I said, getting slightly embarrassed that I didn’t know who he was, when all these young girls did.

“That was Niall Horan, from One Direction.” One of the girls said matter-of-factly. Oh, Niall, da. I knew who he was. I knew most of their music, but I’ve never been one to be obsessed with bands and stuff like that. He was the Irish one. Now I remembering hearing the accent, but it just didn’t register until now.

“Oh. Makes sense now. Thank you.” I muttered and walked away. Wow. What a morning. Running late and missing class, and then meeting a celebrity and not knowing it. Just my luck. I guess that’s what I get for not paying attention to pop culture.

The streets had now cleared and the hordes of girls had disappeared. I continued my walk down the street. I passed a small café and decided I might as well stop in and have some breakfast. There was no point in going to class now, as it was more than halfway over. What a waste of a good morning I thought to myself as I crossed the street.