Chapter 42

Torre POV

My heart hammered in my chest as I walked out of the University lecture hall and out onto campus. The day was exceptionally sunny and around me everyone was laughing and talking with their friends. I couldn't be more nervous. I knew that I could easily just forgive Niall and everything could go back to the way it was before, but there's something holding me back--fear. I'm afraid something like this will happen again.

I spot Niall's car, the one he drove on our first day, and start walking toward it. He must spot me walking towards him, because as I get closer, he gets out of the car and waits on the side. He looks amazing, as usual. The attraction never faded.

"Hi." I say nervously.

"Hi." He mirrors. Without saying anything else, he pulls me in his arms and hugs me. I sigh and just let myself enjoy his warm embrace.

We let go and he opens the door for me, motioning for me to get in. He walks around to the other side of the car and gets in the driver's seat.

"So, um, where are we going?" I ask.

"I'm not sure. Where do you want to go?"

"I don't want an audience." Is all I say.

 "We could go sit on the beach? The beachfront is a couple blocks from here." He suggests. Its good as anything I guess.

"That sounds fine." I say. He nods and starts heading in that direction. I can tell he's nervous, and I'm sure he can tell that I am too. This will be hard for both of us.

"So, uh, how have you been?" He asks, breaking the silence.

"Okay, I guess. I have all my finals in the next couple days and then I'll be done with school."

"Thats great, Tor." He says, and I just nod.

"I saw you on the news last night." I bravely say. I try to read his expression, but I can't tell what he is thinking when I say this.

"Yeah? And what do you think of it?" He looking at me.

"Um, what do you think of it?"

"It was my decision, mostly. Obviously the boys had to agree for it to happen, but I originally suggested it. I'd had enough. They were asking too much of me. They always have." He said. We were now at the beach, so he parked the car and we walked down the shore, taking a seat in two of the chairs that were there. Luckily there weren't many people around. There weren't hardly any, actually.

"Good. I'm glad for you, then." I said. We sat there for a moment, staring out at the ocean. The waves were crashing into the shore. It was beautiful to watch, really. I didn't know what to say, or where to start.

"Um, I wrote you something." Niall said, pulling an envelope out of his pocket. If I thought he looked nervous earlier, I'd say he was probably freaking out now. His hands were a bit shaky as he handed it to me.

"Do you want me to read it now?" I asked.

"Yeah." He said.

I opened the envelope carefully, not wanting to rip whatever was inside it. I pulled out a piece of paper and unfolded it. It looked like a letter.

"Just, uh, take your time." Niall said, so I started reading.

It was handwritten, a page and a half. The print was nice and neat. I can picture Niall sitting there, forcing himself to write this note in his best handwritting.

 The Reasons I Fell In Love With You was written at the top. This was more than I asked for. I read through the letter slowly, wanting to take in every word. It was beautiful, everything he wrote. It's almost as if I can't believe he wrote something like this. Or that I can't believe he wrote something like this for me. As I go through it, I get more and more emotional.