Chapter 27

Niall POV

It's been a couple days since the interview and run-in with McClain. I've been thinking about the whole thing a lot, and it's actually taken a toll on me. I'm just stressed and worried all the time. But I've decided I'm not going to worry about it anymore. Not until I know that there is an actual problem, at least.

It's Friday night, and I'm going over to Torre's apartment. I haven't seen her since the day of the interview. We've been so busy with promos stuff and now we're actually starting rehearsals for our upcoming tour.

I grab my keys and hop into my car to drive over there. It only takes a couple minutes to get to her apartment, even though she stays on the outskirts of the city. When I get there I ride the elevator up to the room and give her our "secret" knock on the door. We came up with it awhile ago, when I was here. Knock knock knock knock knock, knock knock.

The door soon opened and she stood there in front of me, looking beautiful as ever. Her golden, wavy hair is pulled up into a ponytail on the back of her head. Her hazel colored eyes are sparkling, like they always do, and she is wearing a pair of yoga pants and a sweatshirt. And honestly, she's never looked more beautiful.

"Hi there." She smiled, beckoning me inside. I walked through the door and right into her arms. I wrapped my arms around her and nuzzled my head into her neck. She smelled amazing, her sugary-sweet floral scent talking over my senses. I brought my lips to hers and kissed her slowly. She smiled and I pulled away.

"That's a nice way to say hello." She giggled.

"I just can't seem to get enough of you." I admitted. She walked back towards me and pecked me quickly on the lips.

"That makes two of us."

"So what are we doing tonight?" I asked curiously. We had just decided on hanging out, so I didn't know what exactly she had planned.

"Well, I thought we could have a little competition..." She started, giving me a smirk.

"What kind of competition?" I asked. What was planning?

"I don't know about you Horan, but I'm a mean board game player. What do you say?"

"Oh honey, you're on." I said.

"Expect the unexpected." She teased as she went to the closet. She stood up on her tip toes, trying to reach the top shelf, where all the board games were stacked on top of each other. She looked so adorable, standing there reaching with all her might to try to get the games.

"Need some help there?" I teased, walking over to help her.

"If I was just a couple inches taller..." she started, more talking to herself than me, becoming more frustrated that she couldn't reach it as she still continued jumping up and down.

"Torre, let me help you." I said and grabbed her by her legs, lifting her up and sending her into an eruption of giggles.

"Niall! Put me down!" She said.

"No, get the games!" I said, lifting her up even more, her pleas for relief only encouraging me more. She finally managed to get her hands wrapped around the bottom box and lifted them all up. I set her down softly, both of us still laughing uncontrollably as she set them down on the table. This is why I liked her. She didn't take this so seriously, just like me. But at the same time, she cared more than she let on.

"That was fun." She said, taking a seat at the table and eyeing the stack of games.

"Yeah, it was. So what game will I be beating you at first?"