Chapter 36

"It's very nice to meet you. I've heard a lot about you. All good things, of course." Spencer said as she sat next to me at the table on the deck.

"Nice to meet you too." I said back. Spencer seemed really nice. She was one of those people who seemed really genuine with everything she said. Even though I had just met her, I could tell she was happy with who she was and was really self-confident, which I greatly admire. "Did you not bring your swimsuit?" I asked.

"No, I didn't gosh darn it. I totally forgot this was a pool party. Boy, do I feel like a fool."

"Oh, don't. So Niall told me you're a singer?" I asked. Niall and the rest of the boys (plus Amy) left us up here as they all cannonballed into the pool. They were having some sort of contest or something.

"Uh, yes. Well trying to be." She laughed at herself. This was why I liked her. "I'm working on an album right now. It's coming together, slowly but surely. I just hope people will like it."

"I'm sure it will be great."

"Thanks." We both sat there for minute, not quite sure what to say. "It's so nice to finally meet you. Niall has told me so much about you. When I found out he had a girlfriend, I was totally against the whole thing." she went on. What was she talking about though, what 'whole thing?' "I mean, I can't believe they would make him do that."

"Huh?" I asked, as confused as ever as to what she was talking about and what Niall had to do with it. I couldn't even deny the tension that was rising in my stomach.

"You know, the whole putting Niall and I together for publicity thing. I'm so against your management controlling an artist. I mean the way they were going to put Niall and I together without Niall even agreeing to. If they really wanted me with a member of One Direction all they had to do was wait a couple weeks because I know Louis is going to ask me out." She kept rambling, but my head was just spinning. Niall was forcing Spencer and Niall to be together for publicity? But Niall said there was nothing going on, and even if they were just faking it, I would expect him to tell me something like this. "Although, I guess it did work out in your favor, actually falling in love with Niall and all."

"Hold on." I said, trying to process and make sense of all she was saying. "What now?"

"I mean to say, that management intervening with you and Niall worked out in your favor."

"What do you mean 'intervene?' Actually, you know what, start from the beginning. You and Niall are being forced to be together?" I asked as the questions swarmed in my head and the tension in my stomach was now more than just tension and felt like volcanoes erupting in my body.

"You don't know?" She had a guilty and compassionate look on her face. "Oh no. I didn't know you didn't know."

"What did I not know?" I asked, now starting to panic as she just looked sympathetically at me.

"I'm so sorry, Torre. I--"

"Just tell me. Please just explain."

"I don't know if I should be the one to tell you."

"Please, just tell me. I need to know about this before I go to Niall." Spencer just looked at me with wide eyes, most likely fighting herself. "Please, as a friend, tell me what's going on." She took a deep breath and then spoke.

"Well I guess it is my fault."

"Thank you." I said, grabbing her hands.

"Well, uh, last week I went to a management meeting and they told me they were working something out so that Niall and I would be dating for publicity to boost their album sales when the album actually drops, and the same for me. I'm not very well known, and I thought since they were asking me if I wanted it or not that they would have asked Niall too. Obviously, they didn't. I didn't know Niall was dating you, or I never would have agreed at the time. When I met Niall at that restaurant, he told me how management gave him absolutely no choice but to go along with this, and we decided then and there that we wouldn't go through with it."

So Niall didn't tell me. He didn't really lie when I asked him about it, but I feel like that's something I should probably know.

"And, well, while we were at lunch..." Spencer drifted off.

"Go on." I urged her.

"Well, he uh, told me that this wasn't the first time their management has tried to control them totally. He mentioned that, uh, he started dating you in the first place because they were requiring him to find a girlfriend in a specific time before they found one for him."

{A/N: Sorry it's short, but I wanted to leave you guys with a cliffhanger (evil I know ;D) But I want to hear your guesses on how you think Torre will react to the news! I'll update again probably tomorrow or the day after, so the wait won't be that bad! Also, I was wondering if anyone knew anyone who knew how to make covers, because I cannot do them good (Obviously lol) and will need a good one for the new fanfic I'm writing. So if any of you do them or know someone, please let me know! Sorry I'm rambling now haha but please vote and comment! Thanks, I love you all! ~Macy}