Chapter 11

The sound of my alarm clock buzzing woke me up. I got up and started rummaging around in my drawers for some clean clothes to wear. I settled with a pair of jeans and a lilac cardigan. I took my clothes into the bathroom and hopped in the shower, mentally planning my day in my head as I washed up. I got out and put the clothes on, and scrunched my wet, curly hair. I brushed my teeth, swiped on some mascara and  strawberry chapstick and headed to the kitchen. Eliza was sitting at the counter on her phone.

    “Going to class today, I see.” I commented.

    “You act like I never go! I just take days off.” she said.

    “Okay.” I replied sarcastically and put some waffles in the toaster.

    “So are we meeting up after all your classes today? We could go out to dinner somewhere to discuss your date with Niall. And then tomorrow we could go to the mall.” Eliza suggested.

    “Um, yeah that sounds fine. I’ll text you.”

    “Sounds good. Have fun at class.” Eliza said as I grabbed my bag and headed out the door, waffles in hand.
    “You too.” I said. I  headed down the elevator of the apartment building and out to the busy streets of LA. Walking to campus was always a hastle, but I guess that’s what you get when you don’t live on campus. But sharing an apartment with one girl is better than sharing a tiny dorm, and sharing the tiny bathroom with a whole floor, and eating campus food and, well, I’m getting the better end of the deal here, so I’ll put up with the walking.

    I arrived to my class on time today, thankfully. Although I always seemed to make it to creative writing on time, since it was my favorite class. Today we were given the assignment to write a short story, with an unexpected plot twist. Easy. I sat at my laptop and wrote an enchanting story of a girl and boy who meet, but then the girl finds out that the boy had never really liked her, and the whole relationship was a joke to his friends. I was very happy with my work, as I usually am in this class, and the hour flew by.

    My other two classes are anything but exciting. As I sit and listen to my professors lecture on and on, I can’t help but let my mind wander to my date with Niall. I try not to think about it, or get too excited about it, because I know the chances of  anything working out are slim to none and I don’t want to be disappointed. But I just can’t help it.

    This day drags on, and I’m happy when my last class is over. Eliza texted me and told me to meet her at a burger placre down the road from campus, for my “lessons.” By the time I walk all the way there, she is already seated at a table and waiting for me. I motion to the host that I’m with her, and walk over to the table.

    “Hey.” I said, throwing my bag into the booth and taking a seat.

    “Hey. How was your day?” She asked.

    “Long. You?”

    “It was okay. So, shall we discuss your date?” She said with a smirk.

    “Gosh, can’t we at least order our food, before we start on all that.”

    “Fine. But there’s no escaping, Tor.” She joked. We both looked over the menus, but I already knew what I wanted because we come here pretty often, and I always get the same thing. Our server came over and took our orders, and then I knew I was in for it.

    “Okay. Now let’s get started.” Eliza said, “Did he tell you where he was taking you?”

    “No.”

    “Hmmm. That makes it more difficult. We’ll have to cover everything then.”

    “What do you mean ‘cover everything?’”

    “Torre, you’ve never been on a date before. And quite frankly, he could be taking you anywhere, considering he’s in the world’s most famous boyband. You have to be prepared for whatever will happen.”

    “Oh.” is all I say as the realization sets in. This might be a lot scarier than I thought. Eliza must have caught on to my hesitation.

    “But don’t worry. You’ll be fine. Especially with my help.” She said, drama-queen like. “Okay, where to start. Well let’s start with picking you up. When he comes to the door, let him wait for a little bit, not too long, but long enough to make him think you weren’t just waiting at the door for him. Then, when he takes you too his car, he’ll probably want to open the door for you, so let him. During the car ride, you’ll make small talk, which should be easy, considering he’s a pop star. Don’t worry you’ll have plenty to talk about.” Oh boy. I’d always watched romantic comedies, but  never really pictured all this happening to me. There was so much to think about.

    Eliza went on. “When you get to your table at the restaurant, which is  I’m assuming where he’ll take you for a casual date, let him pull out your chair for you, unless it’s a booth, and in that case, slide into the seat as gracefully as you can.”

    “Liza, you’re a natural at this! How do you know all this stuff?”

    “Oh darling, don’t flatter me! Let’s just say I’ve been around the block a few times.” You laughed at your confident, melodramatic character as a friend. “Okay, now at dinner…” She started again and you knew you had a lot to learn.

{A/N I hope you guys liked this chapter...the next couple ones are going to be really good! Anyway, thanks for reading and please vote and comment! Ily guys!}