Chapter 40

Torre POV

It's been a couple days since Niall came over and talked to me. I'm still not sure how to feel about anything. I'm sad and confused.

I got up and got out of bed, getting ready for class. Monday morning fiction writing is the worst, but since school will be over in a week, I guess I'll make it. I threw a pair of khaki shorts on and a floral print tank top. I grabbed a cereal bar and my bag and was almost out the door when Eliza stopped me.

"Torre." She said and grabbed my hand. She's been really good to me these past few hard days. Really supportive and all. "Have a good day." She said and gave me an encouraging smile.

"Thanks. You too." I said and walked out the door.

I made my way to the University, this time walking by myself with no interruptions. Just me and my thoughts.

I know Niall told me that nothing was fake and what we had was completely real, and I so truly want to believe that. I'd love to just act like everything was okay and move back into the fantasy-land it seemed we were in before.

But that little voice inside my head is telling me to not just go back into this so easily. Niall lied to me, whether he was really in love with me or not. He still held everything from me and we can't have a mature relationship if he's not open with me.

I don't know what I'm going to do. We're not really broken up, but we're not really together either. I know Niall is going to keep trying and trying.

I made it to class, thankfully on time, and took a seat. Just one more week. I thought to myself. One more week and school will be over and I can figure all this out.

The class was dreadfully boring, just all review for our final at the end of the week. I had lunch in the school cafeteria and then went to my afternoon class. Amy and Eliza both texted me during the day, trying to cheer me up. As did Niall, but his texts just made me more confused than anything.

After class I decided to just head home so I could start doing the studying that would need to be done if I wanted to do decent on my tests and keep my grades up. I walked home quickly. When I walked into the apartment, I was surprised to see Eliza sitting on the couch. She usually went out at night and didn't come home till late.

"Surprised to see you home." I commented, hanging my bag on the hook by the door and dropping my keys in the bowl on the counter.

"Torre! I'm glad you're home. Come over here." She said. I walked over and she patted the couch, signaling for me to sit. "I saw this on TV and thought you should probably see it too." She rewinded the DVR. She had been watching E! News.

"Eliza, what is this about?" I questioned, quite frankly feeling exhausted and not really in the mood to watch her fangirl over some new actor she had the hots for.

"Shhh. Just watch." She said and pressed play. Giuliana Rancic appeared on the screen.

"We have some exciting news for Directioners today. One Direction have reportedly broken away from their management company and are allegedly looking for a new company to support them. We don't have any information on why they have made the break, but Niall even confirmed it himself. Have a look." Her face disappeared from the screen and Niall's took its place. My heart pounded just seeing him for the first time in four days. He and the boys were walking on the street to their car. Photographers were everywhere, snapping pictures of them.

"Liam! Zayn! Niall! What were you doing at management's office?" The paps shouted at them.

"We're finding a new company to manage us." Niall simply said and hopped into the car, which drove off. Giuliana in the E! Newsroom came back on the screen.

"We're still not sure exactly why, but the fans don't seem to mind the break between One Direction and their management company. They've even voiced their opinion on twitter, saying:" Tweets appeared on the screen as Giuliana read them alound.

"@h0ranYum: I'm glad 1D broke with the company, they never let the boys do what they wanted to anyway"

"@harryfeels: Go @onedirection for standing up for yourselves! :D"

"@Zaynscheekbonesrlyfe: Supporting the boys no matter what they decide..I'm sure they had perfectly good reasons for breaking with management."

"In other news, Kendall Jenner has been put on prohbation for drunk driving..."

"So, what are you thinking?" Eliza asked me.

"I'm, I'm not really sure." I said honestly, still trying to process all of what I just saw.

They ditched their management? That's a big deal. Niall must really be sorry if he's going to these lengths. I have no doubt now that everything he said about them trying to control all of them was true. Why else would they find a new company when the one they had did a perfectly good  job of making them successful.

"Well, I don't want to tell you what to do, but I think you should talk to Niall." Eliza said, looking sympathetically towards me. She was right. And I knew she was right.

Part of me is just not ready to let this go yet. What he did hurt me. It hurt me in a way I never thought would happen, and now there's just this huge mess of lies and confusion and I don't know what to do.

"I don't know. I just feel like this is so complicated and such a mess and I don't know how to fix it." I admitted.

"It doesn't have to be that way. It doesn't have to be complicated. Even after all of this happened, I've never once questioned his affection for you. And maybe you shouldn't either. This would be a whole lot easier." She said and got up, walking into her room and shutting her door. Well that just left me even more confused.

Am I over-reacting? I don't think I am, but then again I've always been a bit of a control freak about things. She's right, we could clear all of this up easily, I'm sure. But how am I supposed to trust Niall again. How will I be able to forget what happened and how hurt I was?

I walk to my room, and sit on my bed, just thinking. So much for studying; I don't think I'll get any of that done tonight.

In the end, I decide that Niall and I have to talk, so I send him a text telling him that I think we need to sort through some things. I spend the rest of the night waiting, eager to hear what he has to say and where he wants all of this to go.

{A/N: I hope you all are liking it :D We're getting close to the end! Please vote and comment bc you're awesome! ~Macy}