Chapter 3

{A/N} Thanks for reading guys! I'll probably update again in the next couple days! I hope you like it and please vote and comment if you can! Thanks!

I walked into the café and a small bell rang over the door. It was nearly empty. Starbucks got most of the business around here, so these small, family-owned cafes were never really busy. A plump, friendly faced woman, wearing an apron with flour sprinkled all over the front of it, entered from the back of the café and stood behind the counter. I dropped my bags in a chair at a small table in the corner and walked up to the counter.

“What can I get you, dear?” the lady asked with a warm smile.

“Just a coffee please…And maybe one of those bagels.” I said, pointing to one of the many delicious looking bagels in the bakery case.

“Of course. It will just be $5.36.” she answered, grabbing my bagel out of the case and making my coffee as I dug through my wallet, trying to find a last penny.  I gave it to her and she gave me my food.

“Thank you.” I said.

“You’re welcome, dear. Have a good day.” She disappeared in the back room. I walked over to my table and took a seat. I decided I might as well try and get some work done, so I got my books out and started studying.

A good fifteen minutes went by and I got some solid cramming in for the tests I would have later that day. I was just moving on to another test subject, when the bell above the door sounded and I looked up to see a tall, burly man in all black walk in. The woman came back from the room and said hello to the man. He didn’t say hello back, but walked over and started talking to her quietly. He motioned around the room and she smiled back. I couldn’t hear what they were saying, so I had no idea what was going on. The man left and I just buried my face back into my book.

 It was quiet for a minute and then I heard some noise coming from the back of the restaurant. I looked up to see a couple more people coming into the café from the back room. There were four or five of them. They all sat down and took a seat. It was after they had all taken a seat, when the other one walked in. Everything made sense now. There was Niall. The same boy who I had talked to earlier and those girls had been chasing earlier. He was in this café. The guy must have come in to make sure it wasn’t too crowded and ask if they could come in the back.

He stood at the corner and ordered a coffee, before going to sit at the table with the rest of the guys, who I’m guessing were his…security? I don’t think he has spotted me yet, because he hasn’t made any recognition of me at all. Not that he should remember me, I’m just another normal girl. But he could at least acknowledge that he’s not the only one in the café.

He sat at the table and laughed and talked with the men. The woman brought out his coffee and he thanked her. At least he had good manners. What am I doing? I have done nothing but sit and stare at him since he entered this shop. My gosh, how crazy am I being. I don’t want to admit it, but I kind of want him to notice me. No, I can’t. I have to stop. I will not be one of those girls who don’t really even like a celebrity and then acts all lovely when they are around. I make up my mind that I should just go, because with him here, I am not going to get any work done. I start to pack up my bags, but am stopped when I feel someone touch my arm. I look up to be staring into Niall’s eyes.

“You’re not leaving, are you? I was just coming over here to say hello.”