Chapter 39

Niall POV

I walked through the front door of the house feeling defeated. But there was no way in hell I was letting go of her this easily. I walked into the kitchen to see Harry, Zayn, and Liam sitting there eating a pizza.

"We're finding a new manager." I said, determined. They were not talking me out of this now. This is their freaking fault. Well, it's mine too, for going along with it, but it's mostly theirs. And they're not ever doing another think like this to us, any of us, ever again. There's hundreds of different companies out there and I'm sure we'll have no problem getting one of them to work with us.

"Okay." Harry said. I didn't think they would necessarily agree with me this easily, but then again, they've seen what a fiasco this has all been.

"We'll have to make some calls, but we shouldn't have a problem trying to find another company to support us." Liam said.

"I mean, I've never really liked them much since the beginning, and this has just gone too far." Zayn said.

"Yeah, and McClain is a dick." Harry said, and I laughed despite the uneasiness I've felt since I left Torre's apartment.

"Yeah, he is." I agreed.

*****

It was the following Monday, and we were sitting in management's office, ready to make the break.

I hadn't seen Torre since I went to her apartment Friday night. I'd texted her lots of times, saying "I'm sorry." and "I love you." She'd always reply back with, "I know." I don't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing, really. I guess it means that she believes that I truly am sorry and this all wasn't just for show. At least that's what I hope.

"What is taking them so long?" Liam huffed. We had been sitting here on this couch, in this office, for at least a half hour. We were never late to meetings. We were always waiting on them. Why had we held on to them this long anyway? They treated us like crap and just liked to boss us around.

"Well at least we won't be waiting on them much more now." Harry chuckled.

"I reckon this will be a bit of a shock to them." Louis smirked. "Never thought they might lose us, did they?"

"Nope." I said.

"And what are they going to do now? The rest of the artists they manage are already going downhill." Louis continued.

"That's their problem." Zayn piped in. We were all silent for awhile, still waiting.

I'm glad the lads are supporting of this idea. I don't know what would have happened if they didn't want to drop the company too. I'm just done with them and all the chaos they've caused.

"Good morning, boys. What can I do for you today? McClain asked, storming into the room and taking a seat across from us.

"It's actually what you can't do for us. Anymore, that is." Louis said sassily. He didn't take crap from anyone.

"Oh yeah? And what would that be?" McClain asked smartly.

"Manage us. We're letting go of the whole company, really." I said. The look on his face was priceless. Like he never even thought that we would drop him. Like he never thought all the times he bossed us around and treated us like we had no say would make us angry. His face went from surprised to smirking.

"Really? And how do you think you'll make it without my help?" he asked.

"I think we'll be a lot better off than we are now." Liam argued.

"Yeah, we might actually be happy without you telling us what to do all the time." I said.

"Oh Niall, you've just been bitter since you had to break up with your girlfriend." He was really starting to piss me off now.

"Yeah, you know what, I have. And guess what, if I told you you had to divorce your wife you wouldn't be too happy either." I said and he seemed to consider that a little more.

"Bottom line is, we're tired of the bossing us around, so we're going to find a new company." Liam said.

"You can't just do that. There is a contract."

"I looked into this contract." Liam said. Gosh I didn't even think about that. Good thing Liam was around. "And the contract says we can choose to let go of you if we feel if we are being mistreated. And we feel like we're being mistreated."

"It will have to be a court issue than."

"That's fine. We'll go to court. Let them tell you how wrong you are." Harry said.

"And in the meantime, we'll be supported by another company that will actually listen to us and hear what we have to say and what we think." Liam continued.

"There's plenty knocking on our door, so finding a replacement won't be difficult." Louis smirked.

"Well. We'll see about that. I think you will have a harder time than you think you will. There's not too many good companies out there."

Harry just started laughing. "And you think you're one of them? Well, sir, you are kindly mistaken." With that, he stood up and started to walk out the door and all of us took his lead and followed him, but not before Louis said "Fuck you." to McClain on his way out. The receptionists in the lobby of the office looked at us strangely as we all waltzed out, but we didn't pay any mind to it. We were all just happy to get out of there.

"That felt amazing." I said as we all got into the elevator.

"Yeah, it did. They've always been too controlling." Harry agreed.

"Do you think we'll have any problem with the lawsuit about the contract?" Zayn asked Liam.

"No way. We're actually protected against unfair coduct in the contract, so it'd be stupid of McClain to even take it to court. He was probably just saying that to try and scare us out of the idea of leaving." Liam said confidently. Liam always had been the sensible one of the group.

"I didn't even think about a contract. It's a good thing you looked into that, mate." Harry said.

"Well, you know me, always thinking ahead and such." Liam said and we all laughed at him. When we got out of the elevator, we all walked gleefully out of the building and into the streets. As usual, there were photographers and paps outside, snapping pictures and shouting things at us. But not like other times, I was glad they were here. And I was glad they were asking us what we were doing at the offices, because the next big story they are going to run is all about us breaking with our company. And that's exactly what Torre needs to hear, and who she needs to hear it from, since she won't listen to me.

"Harry! Is it true you're not single anymore?" They shouted.

"Absolutely false." Harry calmly said as he walked by.

"Liam! Zayn! Niall! What were you doing at management's office?"

"We're finding a new company to manage us." I said as we quickly walked to the black SUV waiting for us.

They all loved that one, shouting at us more and snapping more pictures. We got in the car, and were all silent.

"Well that went well." Harry said as we drove back to the house.

"Yeah. This is great, they're gonna write a story about it."

"Hopefully Torre will see it and believe you?" Zayn asked.

"Hopefully. But if she doesn't, I'm not giving up on her yet."

{A/N: Wow! Only about five chapters left! Hope you guys are liking it! If you are, you should vote and comment ;) ~Macy}