'You're Beautiful!'

A/N: So I know this soulmate AU is really popular and used a lot, but I think it is super cute and I really want to write a version of it.

T/W: None.

Hope you enjoy! :P

-------------

Dan's POV

I sat in class glancing at the clock on the wall for what seemed the millionth time that hour; it's my birthday today and on your seventeenth birthday you are able to find out who your soulmate is. I am one of the youngest in my year, so everyone is loved up and happy, but I've had to sit back and watch, wallowing in self pity.

Two minutes- two minutes- until I find out who my soulmate is, but then doubt fills my mind. What if they haven't turned seventeen yet and I have to wait years until we can meet, or what if it has been the other way around? What if they don't like me? Oh god, what if they're a girl? I'm not into girls, boys are my thing, but what if they are a girl? I'll still love them.

One minute.

Sweat forms on my brow, as the seconds tick past and I glance down at my skin. The time ticks to exactly nine minutes to three- the time I popped out into this cruel world- so I glance down at my skin, searching for any sign of my soulmate- none.

I sigh and glance around the crowded classroom to see if there is any sign of my soulmate being in here. How would I know though? The bell rings, signalling the end of the day. I stand from my seat, letting everyone else flood out of the room before me, as usual.

On my way home, I realise that maybe I should write something on my skin, especially if they have been waiting for like a year, so I grab my pen from my pocket and mull over what to write to my soulmate. I finally decide on: Hello?

I take glances at the small scribble on my hand every few minutes, hoping to see my soulmates handwriting pop onto my skin at any minute. There is still no answer, even by the time I get home, but I put on my best fake smile and walk into my house to be greeted by my over excited mother.

"So?" she asks chirpily. "Anything?"

I shake my head and notice how her smile fades into a more sympathetic version, before she hurriedly rushes me into the front room, where I am greeted by my whole family. Sympathetic smiles are thrown my way from every inch of the room and to be honest it is becoming a little claustrophobic. My mind begins to panic and I can't keep my eyes focused on anything. Until, a burning sensation swirls across the top of my hand.

At first I freak out and let out a tiny scream, grasping the attention of everyone in the room; my mother noticing my state escorts me out of the room and into the kitchen, where she grasps my shoulders and looks straight into my eyes.

"Is it burning?" she whispers, so I nod timidly. "Well, take a look."

I shake my head, "I'm scared."

She smiles sweetly, showing her white pearls, "Son, they're writing to you."

Hesitantly, I look down at the top of my hand to see a number scrawled across the top. That's my soulmate! My soulmate has given me their number! I look back up at my mum, who has a wider smile than me, and I jump up and down on the spot with her hands in mine.

After our excitement has died down, I look back at the number, "What do I do?"

"Ring it."

I grab my phone off the side and decide on texting instead of calling. I type:

Me: Uhm, hey. You just gave me your number. I'm Dan.

Stranger: Hey, Dan. I'm Phil. Would you like to meet up?