11- "Was I Your Knight In Shining Armor?"

~-~-~

11 is my favorite number guys...

Like REALLY my favorite number...

And also Stranger Things reference too.

-~-~-

Castiel looked down, away from Dean, "I don't realize I do it. I do it subconsciously," he tried to explain, still not making eye contact.

"I am cutting those nails," Dean said, standing up.

He grabbed a rag and some fingernail clippers. He dampened the rag and came back.

Castiel sighed and just tried to focus on the movie, ignoring what Dean was doing.

He smiled just a little bit when Elvis came on screen.

Dean placed the rag onto Cas' small cut stopping the blood.

"Thanks, Dean, for actually caring," Cas thanked, timidly.

Dean looked up from cutting Cas' thumb nail, "why wouldn't I care?"

"Most people don't, to most people, I'm just that weird quiet kid that focuses way to much on their grades and homework," he sighed and pushed his glasses up his nose.

~-~-~

It's okay, in the roleplay I forgot he had glasses too.

-~-~-

"I would never... not care," Dean said, cutting off the end of Cas' nail on his left middle finger, "if double negatives make sense..."

"Thanks..." he said simply, trying to half smile.

When Dean had finished with cutting Cas' nails, Cas leaned onto Dean again.

Dean smiled, glad Cas wasn't trying to bleed himself out anymore, for the moment at least.

He tossed the rag to the edge of the couch, seeing Cas' arm not still bleeding.

"How long is this movie?" Dean asked.

"Well, around an hour and 29 minutes," Castiel informed, looking up at Dean, "is that a problem?" He asked with a chuckle.

"No, it's fine, just... oddly specific, how often do you watch this?" Dean asked, holding Cas' hand tightly; their fingers intertwined.

"A couple of times," he chuckled, holding Dean's hand, "I just really like it and I think Elvis does a good job acting."

Dean smiled again, planting a kiss onto his cheek, "we all have our little obsessions... but it's fine... Elvis, I can dig Elvis."

"Did you just quote me?" Cas asked him, "you shouldn't quote me, sometimes I say really weird things and not things that should be quoted."

"Like that sentence?" Dean laughed.

"Yes, Dean, like that sentence," he smiled, "I just really like his music."

Later into the movie, Castiel fell asleep on Dean's shoulder. Dean smiled just as the screen went to black and it ended. Dean stood up carefully and picked Castiel up. He carried him into his bedroom, pushing the door open with his foot. He sat the man on the bed.

Having nothing else to do, Dean crawled into bed next to Cas, keeping his arms around him.

A little while later Castiel began to wake up again. He was confused at first. He looked around realizing he was in his bedroom. He feared everything had just been a dream and that Dean didn't even exist.