Chapter 10

The next day, Tim gets a phone call from Rob telling him the house was their's and wanted Tim and the others to come and check the place out.

Adam gives Chris and Jenika a quick call asking them to meet them there.

The Burton house was located are on the edge of town. A very good location for a clinic.

Tim and Adam pull into the driveway and get out of the truck. Austin and Olena pull in behind them in Olena's car. 

Rob, Kelsey and Chance waves at them from the front porch.

"Congratulations." Tim says with a smile as he takes Adam by the hand and walks to the porch.

"Thank you." Rob smiles.

"Welcome to the Teche Clinic." Chance says.

"This is awesome." Adam says as they walk into the front door, which is the living room.

"This, of course, will be the waiting room." Kelsey says.

"Makes sense." Tim chuckles and dodges a smack from Kelsey.

"The kitchen will be turned into the admittance office where Kelsy will be in charge." Chance says.

"So either this wall will have to go or just cut a window in it." Austin says.

"I don't see much sense in knocking the whole wall down and building another one." Jenika says. "Cause you'll want it separated from the waiting room.

"True." Austin nods.

"There's four bedrooms, dining room, and a utility room. There's two bathrooms, one in the hallway and one in the master's." Chance tells them as they take the tour of the house.

"Each bedroom is fairly large so if you think you'll need them, you could actually make two rooms out of each bedroom." Tim says.

"You'll need more bathrooms." Austin adds.

"Plus we'll need a room for like an x-ray room and for lab work." Chance says.

Jenika was busy taking notes and measurements. She would be making the blueprint of the new clinic. The doctors would have to tell her exactly want they needed. 

"I'm going outside to smoke." Tim whispers to Adam.

Adam nods and gives his husband a quick kiss.

Tim walks out to his truck and lights a cigarette as he pets Satchmo.

A low growl from his dog brings him out of his thoughts. He glances up to see Bayou Bob getting out of his truck.

"Well, Foust." He chuckles. "You finally moving up in the world and buying you a house."

"And leave my mansion in the swamp? Are you serious?" Tim asks.

"I heard the Burton's had this house up for sell. Did old man Burton die or something?" Bob asks as he eyed the house.

"No. Not everyone is like us and can't leave this God forsaken place." Tim says with a smirk. "They moved to Baton Rouge."

"Next question, what are you doing here?" Bob asks crossing his arms over his massive chest.

"Doctor Rob bought the place. He's gone into partnership with Doctor Chance. They're going to make it into a doctor's clinic." Tim says.

"Really? Wow. That's pretty cool." Bob nods. "We could really use one."

"I told them they wouldn't make any money. Everyone around here is poor." Tim says. 

"You got that right. They would need to build a chicken coop out back for the chickens they'd get for payment." Bob laughs.

~~ meanwhile inside the house ~~

"Uh, guys?" Olena says as she glances out the window. "Bob is outside with Tim."

"What?!" Adam says running to the window.

"Yeah, but they're actually talking. And Bob is laughing." She tells them.

"It's the end of the world." Austin says as he looks out at his brother.

~~ back outside ~~

"Well, I see something right now that you're gonna need." Bob says.

"What?" Tim asks, looking over his shoulder at the house.

"A wheelchair ramp." Bob says as he walks over to look at the porch.

Tim glances up at the window and sees that everyone was looking out at them.

Tim shrugs letting them know that he had no idea what was going own.

"A wheelchair ramp?" Tim asks as he slowly follows Bob to the porch. Keeping a safe distance from him.

Satchmo hops out of the truck and closely follows his master.

"Yep, there's a lot of old people in town that probably can't climb steps." Bob says as he looks things over.

"Makes sense." Tim nods.

"Bob, we don't want any trouble." Rob states as he walks out on the porch.

Adam steps off the porch and goes to stand beside Tim.

"And I'm not here to start any." Bob answers. "Foust tells me that you and the other doctor plans on opening a clinic. That's a good thing you're doing. Most people of this town, as you know, have no means to get to a bigger town to see a doctor."

"That's true. And working out of my house just ain't working anymore. Plus I needed help and that's where Dr. Chance came in." Rob says. "Of course, there's a lot of remodeling to do so it will be awhile before we can actually open."

"And we have to order the medical equipment we need." Chance adds.

"Bob says you need a wheelchair ramp." Tim says.

Rob looks down at the porch and the steps.

"You know, I never thought of that. That is a good idea." Rob says with a nod.

Bob smirks and gives Tim an 'I told you so' look.

"He also offered to build you a chicken coop in the backyard for the chickens you'll get as payment." Tim chuckles.

"Probably will need a whole barn built for the goats and pigs." Rob laughs.

"Yall are joking, right?" Chance asks.

"No." Tim, Bob and Rob answers in unison.

"Seriously though. I know yall don't like me and for good reason." Bob says. "But this is for a good cause and I would really like to help."

"Ok, I got a question." Austin says with a puzzled look. "Who are you and what did you do with Bayou Bob?"

************

VOTE & COMMENT PLEASE!!!