Chapter 56

** A/N: This will be the last update for this week. My husband and I will be heading out to Evansville, Indiana in the morning to see Home Free tomorrow night in concert. We won't be coming home until some time on Friday.

********

The beautiful singing of the birds outside of their window wakens Adam from his sleep. He opens his eyes and a smile grows on his face as he sees the sun's rays brightening up their bedroom. The whole atmosphere of the swamp was very peaceful and calming to his soul. This was home.

"Good morning, Beautiful. You hungry?" Tim asks as he opens the door with one hand while balancing a tray with the other.

"Oooo, breakfast in bed. How sweet." Adam smiles as he sits up.

Tim sets the tray on the nightstand and begins to prop pillows up behind his husband.

"You know, I'm not exactly helpless." Adam chuckles as he watches the love of his life fuss over him. "I could have come to the table."

"Nonsense." Tim answers. "The doc said that you need to stay off that foot for a couple of days."

"But I feel fine." Adam argues.

"You heard what I said." Tim smirks as he takes his husband by the chin and kisses him softly on the lips.

"What did I ever do to deserve you?" Adam smiles as Tim sits the tray up across his lap so he could eat.

"I don't know but you are one lucky guy." Tim chuckles.

"Most definitely." Adam says as he takes a sip of his coffee, fixed exactly the way he likes it. "You're spoiling me."

"Good." Tim says with a smile as he sits down on the bed beside the blonde. "After all the sweet things that you said to me last night, I thought I'd be nice and surprise you with breakfast in bed."

"Oh, lord." Adam says, looking up from his plate. "Just what did I say?"

"Well, you were pretty dopey on the pain pills." Tim says with a smirk. "So, I don't know if you really meant it or not."

"Timothy, tell me. What did I say?" Adam asks again.

"Oh, you were saying just how magnificent and how beautiful you thought I was." Tim chuckles lightly.

"Geez, that's embarrassing." Adam laughs. "But, it was the truth."

"Naw, you were drugged up." Tim says, shaking his head.

"Timothy Foust." Adam says sternly as he sets the tray aside. "My beloved husband. When I think of perfection, I think of you. When I try to think of God's most beautiful creation, it's not the rainbow or a rose, it's you."

"D*mn." Tim whispers as he bats back the tears that burned his eyes.

"I'm being totally honest with you." Adam says as he takes the brunette's hand. "I don't need to go to Heaven, I'm in Heaven already. Right here with you."

"I'm not perfect by a long shot." Tim sniffs.

"You are to me." Adam says softly as he kisses the back of Tim's hand.

"Okay." Tim says as he quickly stands up and wipes his eyes. "Are you done eating?"

Adam smiles up at his husband. He thought it was so cute whenever Tim got embarrassed. The tough Cajun with red cheeks and tears in his eyes.

"Yeah, I guess. It was really delicious." Adam says. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." Tim smiles as he takes the tray.

"Do I have to stay in bed all day?" Adam asks.

"No, you can move to the couch as long as you keep your foot elevated." Tim says with a fake smile.

"Wow, you're tough." Adam smiles.

"I have to be or you'd talk me into just about anything." Tim says as he heads toward the bedroom door. "Don't move. I'll be right back."

Adam grins as he turns his eyes back toward the window. He loved it when Tim fussed over him like that. It made him feel special. But as he said, he was far from helpless. But he also remembered fussing over Tim many times when he was hurt. Was this payback? He chuckles to himself as he remembers Tim complaining that he was not helpless even though he couldn't see. No, blind people are not helpless BUT, Tim was not used to not being able to see and was constantly running into things.

"You ready to go to the couch?" Tim asks as he walks back into the room. He stops when he sees his husband staring out the window with a goofy grin on his face. "What are you grinning at?"

"Just thinking." Adam smiles up at his husband.

"Okay?" Tim says, shaking his head. He reaches for Adam's crutches and helps him stand up. "Be careful. You need my help?" He asks handing the blonde the crutches.

"No, I got this." Adam answers as he places the crutches under his arms and heads toward the door.

Tim follows close behind him with his hand on the blonde's back.

"Well, look who finally decided to join us." Austin chuckles as he and Olena sat in the floor playing with Bailey.

"Yeah, the warden let me out for good behavior." Adam chuckles as he sits down on the couch.

"Warden? Really? I could have made you keep your cute little ass in bed." Tim says with a raised brow.

Austin and Olena watch as Tim lays a pillow on the coffee table then gently lifts Adam's broken ankle and places it carefully on the pillow.

Austin had never seen his older brother baby someone as much as he did Adam. The blonde definitely had the cajun wrapped around his little finger.

"Do you need something to drink?" Tim asks his husband.

"No, I'm good." Adam answers as he gets comfortable.

"I could use a glass of tea." Austin says with a teasing smile.

"You know where the refrigerator is. Is your leg broke?" Tim sasses as he sits down next to Adam.

"Ohhhh..." Austin laughs. "Not cool, dude."

Austin reaches for the phone as it begins to ring.

"Hello, you've reached the Roadkill Cafe. This is Austin, may I interest you in our daily special? Fresh possum for highway 10?" Austin says causing Tim to roll his eyes and shake his head.

"Ooooo, how nasty." Adam laughs.

"Who? I'm sorry but he's still asleep. He's in a lot of pain from the broken ankle sustained when his sorry-ass brother pushed him down." Austin says into the receiver. 

Tim and Adam share a glance as Austin continues with the phone call.

Tim reaches for the phone but his hand is smacked away by his little brother.

"Could I give him a message? Uh huh, okay. I'll tell him when he and his husband wake up. NOT!!!!" Austin casually hangs up the phone and begins playing with his daughter.

"Let me guess. Chris?" Adam asks with a slight eye-roll.

"Nope. It was Hattie." Austin answers.

"WHAT!!?? WHAT THE F*CK, AUSTIN!!" Tim yells. He couldn't believe that his little brother was just an ass to one of their best friends.

"No!!" Austin laughs as he falls over on the floor. "It was Chris."

*******

Thanks for reading!! Be sure you smash the VOTE button and don't forget to leave a COMMENT.