Chapter 50

Tim decided to sleep on the couch so he could be near the phone. Adam still hadn't called yet and he was beginning to get worried.

He tossed and turned most of the night. Trying to think of a good reason why his husband hadn't called yet. But all he could think of was bad reasons. What if they had a wreck? What if Chris won't allow him to call? The last time he looked at the clock before finally dozing off, the clock read 1:30.

The ringing of the phone startles him. He grabs for the receiver, dropping it before finally getting it to his ear.

"Hello?" He answers in a raspy voice.

"Hey, Baby. It's me. We finally made it." Adam says quietly into the phone.

"Thank, God. I was getting worried." Tim says as he sits up on the couch, running a hand through his hair.

"I know and I'm sorry. But Chris kept wanting to stop at places. Then I had to wait until he went to sleep." Adam whispers.

"Is that why you're whispering?" Tim asks.

"I'm in the bathroom. I don't want to wake him up." Adam answers. "He's acting really weird, Tim."

"Weird? How?" Tim asks in a concerned voice.

"Truthfully? I think he thinks I'm staying up here. He's wanting to rent a three bedroom house and he keeps saying 'we'. There is no 'we' to it." Adam says.

"Do you want me to come after you?" Tim asks.

"No, I'll be fine. Just give me a few days as we planned. If he doesn't seem to be in a hurry to find a place soon, I'm leaving." Adam says.

"If you need me for anything, Sweetheart, call me. I'll be there." Tim says.

"God, I miss you." Adam says in a soft voice. "But try not to worry, okay?"

"I'm sorry, I mean, I know he's your brother and you love him but I don't trust him." Tim says. "He's not acting like the Chris I thought I knew."

"Sadly, I do have to agree with you on that. He's definitely acting differently. But I'm a big boy, Mr. Foust." Adam smiles. "I know how to take care of myself."

"I know you do. It's just...." Tim says with a sigh.

"You worry too much, Swamp Rat." Adam says. "It's late so I need to get to bed. I'll call when I get the chance."

"Okay. Please be careful and remember I love you." Tim says as he tries to hold back a sniff.

"I know you do and I love you. Get some sleep." Adam says as he, himself, wipes a tear.

After ending the call, Adam grabs some toilet paper to wipe his eyes.

"I'll be home soon, Baby." He whispers before leaving the bathroom.

~~~

Austin stumbles from his bedroom, yawning as he scratches his head. He stops as he sees his older brother asleep on the couch.

He turns and puts his finger to his lips as Olena walks out quietly behind him. She was not wanting to wake their daughter and he was not wanting to wake his brother.

"I'm going to start breakfast." She whispers as she tiptoes to the kitchen.

Austin nods then notices Sami coming down the ladder to her bedroom.

"Morning." She says.

"Shhh." Austin hushes her then points to Tim.

"Is Olena up yet?" She asks quietly.