Chapter 25

Tim groans in pain as he lays down on his stomach on the bed. He had removed the bandages so that Adam could doctor the gashes across his back.

Tears fill Adam's eyes as he sadly looks down at Tim's wounds.

"You know they are going to leave bad scars, right?" Tim asks over his shoulder.

"Naturally. They're deep cuts." Adam replies, quickly wiping away the tears before he starts to apply the ointment.

Tim hisses at the burning.

"Does it bother you?" Tim asks through gritted teeth, wincing from the pain.

"Baby." Adam says as he leans over and kisses Tim's cheek. "They discuss me but not in the way you think they do. They piss me off when I look at them. How could someone be so cruel to do such a horrific thing to such a beautiful person? Am I going to shun touching you because of the scars? Hell no. I love you so much. I'm just so thankful to have you back. Even if you do have a few scars, you're still beautiful to me."

"I love you too, Angel. But right now, I feel pretty ugly." Tim says softly.

"Shush, Tim. I don't want to hear that kind of talk." Adam says sternly. "Yes, you'll have scars but I would rather have you with scars than not have you at all."

"I'll be alright." Tim says as he looks up at Adam's worried face. "I've been knocked down before but I always manage to get back up."

"And you will this time too." Adam smiles as he kisses Tim's lips softly. "My gorgeous little swamp rat."

Adam gently bandages the wounds to keep them from getting infected.

"Done, my little burrito." Adam chuckles as he kisses Tim's shoulder.

Tim smiles as he closes his eyes. It had been a long day. It was nice to lie down in his own bed. The stinging of the medicine had subsided and had numbed the pain enough for him to drift off to sleep.

Adam quietly gets up and leaves the room closing the door behind him.

"How's he doing?" Austin asks from his seat on the couch.

"He was hurting pretty bad but the medicine numbed it enough for him to go to sleep." Adam answers as he sits down on the other end of the couch.

"And how are you holding up?" Chris asks.

"It's hard seeing him like that." Adam says with a sad tone. "I think he actually thinks the scars will make a difference on how I see him."

"Well, you'll just have to work twice as hard in changing his mind about that." Jenika smiles.

Adam smiles as he seems to drift off in deep thought.

"Penny for your thoughts." Jenika smiles.

"Oh, I was just thinking about the first day I ever laid eyes on Tim." Adam smiles fondly.

"Yeah, but you were afraid to even get out of the car." Chris chuckles.

"I know." Adam laughs. "Good thing I did."

"No one was speaking English. It was like we dropped into the middle of another country. It was so weird." Chris says.

"Then we saw this guy standing on a porch with a large furry dog." Adam smiles as he ruffles Satchmo's fur. "I couldn't take my eyes of the guy."

"He offered you some jerky. Didn't offer me any." Chris laughs. "It was like you two were the only one's in existence."

"Hmmm, gator jerky." Adam nods.