Chapter 40

(At the bonfire)

"So. You must be the Yankee that stole Bo's heart." Sami says as she walks over to Adam and eyes him up and down.

"That would be me." Adam chuckles and nods. "I'm Adam."

"Well, I must say, Bo sure knows how to pick em." Sami laughs, making Adam blush.

"I'm curious as to why you call him Bo." Adam says as he slightly tilts his head.

"When I was a little girl, I used to be madly in love with him." Sami giggles. "I used to call him my beau, which means boyfriend. I had plans on marrying him one day but that was before he came out as gay which totally broke my heart."

"I think I fell in love with him the minute I laid eyes on him." Adam smiles as he sees Tim walking in their direction.

"He's definitely pleasing to the eyes." Sami laughs.

"Y'all talking about me?" Tim asks. He wasn't sure what had been said, he only knew they were both watching him as he walks up.

"No. Actually, I was talking about that friend of yours." Sami smiles.

"Which friend? You know I have so many." Tim says with sarcasm in his voice.

"The cute bearded guy wearing the cap that's talking to my brother." Sami says as she nods her head that way.

"Oh, that would be Adam Chance Ray. The doctor that saved my life after our car wreck. We all call him Chance." Tim answers and then chuckles.

"What's so funny?" Sami asks. "Is he gay?"

"Well, I believe he's Bi. But I wasn't laughing at that. We all had him believing that you looked like a female version of Rob." Tim laughs.

"You dip sh*t." Sami laughs as she slaps Tim on the arm. "How am I ever going to get a boyfriend if you and Marco keep running them off."

"Speaking of the gentle giant, have you seen him since you've been home?" Tim asks.

"No. You guys were the first I ran into." Sami answers.

"Well, you do know we all buried the hatchet with Bayou Bob, right?" Tim asks.

"What!!?? No! I didn't know that. Bo, are you sure you can trust him? He's been a thorn in your side ever since I can remember." Sami says.

"Yeah, I'm sure. There was something that happened a while back and he really stepped up and showed everyone that he's really changed. He and Mark hang around a lot together." Tim says as he opens another beer.

"Wow. That's hard to believe." Sami says as she shakes her head in disbelief.

"Hey, Doc." Tim calls out as he sees Chance heading to the cooler to get him another beer. Tim motions for him to come there.

"Don't you embarrass me." Sami warns in a low voice.

Chance walks over and gives Sami a somewhat nervous smile.

"Chance, this is Sam, Rob's sister. Sam, this is Chance, Rob's partner at the clinic." Tim smirks as he reaches for his husband's hand. "Talk to y'all later."

The newly introduced couple stands with their mouths agape as they watch the Fousts walk away laughing.

"Well...." Chance clears his throat and chuckles nervously as he rubs the back of his neck. "This is a little awkward."

"So... Uh, Bo told me that you were the one who saved his life after their wreck." Sami says as she tries to start a conversation after being left holding the bag.