Chapter 32

( 5 months later )

"Hey, Tim?" Austin calls as he and Olena walks out of their bedroom.

"Hmm?" Tim answers. He's laying on the couch with his head in his husband's lap as they watch a movie.

"Uh, could you guys do us a favor?" Austin asks as he sits down on the coffee table in front of the couch.

"What's that?" Tim asks as he continues to watch the movie.

"Olena and I would like to go out on a date night. We'd like to go out to eat and maybe take in a movie." Austin says, his eyes shifting nervously from Tim to Adam.

"Yeah? So?" Tim questions as he tries to look around his brother at the television set.

"We were needing you guys to watch Bailey for us." Austin says.

"Surely, you can't be serious." Tim states as he quickly looks at his brother.

"I am serious. And don't call me Shirley." Austin chuckles nervously trying to joke using the famous line from the movie 'Airplane'.

But his brother wasn't laughing.

"Come on, Tim, please." Austin begs. "We really need this and there's no one else available."

"But, Austin, we don't know anything about taking care of a baby." Adam says.

"You'll be fine. It's just for a few hours. We'll have everything set for y'all. Bottles and everything. Please." Austin continues to beg. "If you have any problems you can call Jenika."

"A lot of good that would do." Tim says as he sits up. "She don't have any kids."

"We'll leave you the name and number of the restaurant that we'll be at. By the time we go to the movies, she'll probably be asleep." Olena adds.

Tim blows out a breath as he and Adam look at each other as if to be reading each other's minds.

"Well, I guess." Tim answers in an unhappy tone. "Just don't make this habit. We are NOT babysitters."

"THANK YOU! THANK YOU!" Austin shouts with excitement as he hugs his brother and then his brother-in-law. "We'll pay you back."

"How? By babysitting Satchmo?" Tim asks with a raised brow.

~~

An hour after the couple leaves on their date, Tim is sitting in the chair next to the playpen. He's leaning over with his elbows resting on his knees as he stares down at his sleeping niece.

"Is this all she does?" Tim asks.

"Let's hope." Adam chuckles. "Uh, do you have any idea how to change a diaper?"

"No. You mean we have to do that too?" Tim asks as he looks around at his husband. "That wasn't part of the deal."

"I was hoping you knew how cause I sure don't." Adam smiles as he walks over and drapes an arm around his husband's shoulders. "Maybe she won't need a diaper changed until they get back."

"Are you kidding me? That's all a baby does, sleep, eat and craps in their diaper." Tim answers looking back down at Bailey.

"I really don't think my stomach could handle that." Adam says as he shakes his head. "How long does a baby usually sleep? Maybe she'll stay asleep until they get back."

"We can only hope and pray that she does." Tim replies.

The couple moves back over to the couch to cuddle and watch a game. Forty-five minutes into the game, movement inside the playpen catches Tim's attention.