Chapter 46

** A/N: As a lot of you might know, my husband and I just recently went on vacation to Grand Isle, Louisiana. Even though Louisiana was not in the path of Michael, a category 4 hurricane, it still affected the area. The winds of Michael pushed the ocean onto the island, creeks, swamps, and bayous causing flooding.

We left the island for about two hours to do some sightseeing. When we left, the streets were dry. When we returned, we were surprised to see this:

 When we returned, we were surprised to see this:

It was crazy! This is ocean surge! I had commented before I left that maybe I would get an idea for Crazy Life while in Louisiana

It was crazy! This is ocean surge! I had commented before I left that maybe I would get an idea for Crazy Life while in Louisiana. What we experienced here was just too crazy not to add to this story.

PRAYERS TO ALL AFFECTED BY MICHAEL!!

*********************

After taking much-needed showers, Tim and Adam lay down to take what Tim called a 'power nap'. Just a short nap to revitalize them to get through the rest of the day. But it was just enough to piss Adam off. Tim thought grumpy Adam was quite adorable.

With the guys hunting gators most of the day and the girls working on getting Sami moved in, no one was in the mood for cooking. It being mid-week, they knew Hattie's would not be busy so they decided to go there for supper. 

Sami gave Dr. Chance a quick call to see if he and her brother and sister-in-law could join them. They were just closing up the clinic and she was told that they would meet them there.

Tim and Adam along with Satchmo lead the way in Tim's truck and Austin, Olena, Bailey and Sami followed in Olena's car. As they arrive at the diner and are getting out of their vehicles, Rob pulls in beside them with Kelsey and Chance.

There were no other cars in the parking lot so Tim figured it was safe to let Satchmo come inside with them. Hattie didn't mind the fur baby at all. 

As they walk in they see Hattie, Mark and Joe Ben sitting at a table with their eyes glued to the television set.

"You guys open?" Tim asks when no one acknowledged them entering the restaurant.

"Oh, of course, we are, Sugar." Hattie smiles as she gets up from the table. "Y'all have a seat."