Chapter 2

The next morning Tim and Adam stumble into the kitchen, following the aroma of freshly brewed coffee.

"Uh Oh, this don't look good." Tim comments after seeing Olena, Jenika and Kelsey all gathered at the table.

"It's about time you two got up." Jenika says.

"Get over here." Olena orders.

"Mind if we get coffee first, Squirt?" Tim growls as he straightens his glasses.

"I guess. But hurry up." Olena says, rolling her eyes.

"You're awfully sassy to be so little." Tim says as he sits down in a chair next to her.

Adam sits down next to Tim, yawns and lays his head on Tim's shoulder.

"We're planning your wedding." Jenika smiles. "We thought just maybe you guys might want a little say so in it."

"Well, how nice of you to consider us." Tim mumbles as he sips his coffee.

"First things first, the date?" Kelsey asks.

Tim blinks as he only stares at her.

"Kel, we just got engaged yesterday." Tim finally says.

"Well alright. We'll leave that blank for the time being." Kelsey says. "O.K., moving on. Place?"

"Oh, I know." Adam says raising his head. "How about the place we first met?"

"On the steps in front of Hattie's?" Tim asks with furrowed brow.

"Ooo, that's perfect." Jenika says. "The preacher could stand on the porch and you guys could stand on the step."

"I'm not too sure about that." Tim mumbles.

"Tim? Your Best Man?" Kelsey asks as she was writing everything down.

"That's an easy one." Tim smiles. "Austin."

"Chris." Adam answered before he was even asked.

"Are y'all sending out invitations?" Kelsey asks while pushing her glasses up on her nose.

"Seriously, Kel? To who?" Tim chuckles. "We don't have any friends."

"Besides you guys, the only ones that would even care to come is Joe Ben, Mark, Hattie and Chance." Adam says.

"Sorry." She giggles.

"Alright, what about the suits?" Jenika asks.

"No tie." Tim says before getting up to get himself and Adam some more coffee.

"We just want it simple. Nothing fancy. Just a small laid back wedding with our few friends." Adam says.

"I like the way you think, Sweetheart." Tim says as he sits back down and gives his fiance' a soft kiss.

"But you have to dress up a little." Jenika smiles. "How about just a simple but nice suit coat, dress shirt .."

"And jeans." Tim states and fakes a smile at the blond. "And boots, no shiny dress shoes."

"Are you being serious?" Olena giggles.

"As a heart attack." Tim says and Adam nods.

"We just want the tradition vows. And save the music for the reception. No wedding music." Adam says and Tim nods in agreement.

"Sounds like to me that y'all just want to hurry and get it over with." Kelsey laughs.

"Exactly. We just want to be married." Adam says.

"Alright, listen."Tim says as he lights a cigarette. "We appreciate what you girls are trying to do. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts. But we don't want a long drawn out wedding. Because. I'm pretty much hated in this town for being gay. Adam hasn't been welcomed with open arms either. If we have a long wedding, it'll just give the town's people, particularly Bob, time to ruin our wedding. Adam, having the wedding right in front of Hattie's will put us out there like sitting ducks."

"Yeah, that's true." Adam nods. "Why don't we just get married here? Maybe in the backyard?"

"We didn't really stop and think about that." Jenika says. "And if Bob catches wind of this wedding being right there in town, he would definitely try something."

"Well, moving it to the backyard would be no problem." Kelsey says. "What about the reception?"

"It can still be at Hattie's. I'm sure it will be closed to the public." Tim says.

"Is this a private meeting?" Austin laughs as he, Chris and Rob walk into the kitchen carrying breakfast carry out from Hattie's.

"Just doing a little wedding planning." Olena smiles.

"By the way, Austin, you're my best man." Tim smiles.

"Okay." Austin shrugs.

"Chris, you're my best man." Adam says.

Chris gives him a thumbs up as he takes a sip of coffee.

"Well don't yall look too excited." Kelsey says, crossing her arms on the table.

"We were kinda expecting it." Austin smiles.

"So when's the wedding?" Chris asks.

"I don't know. We just got engaged a few hours ago." Tim says.

"Y'all, come on." Adam laughs. "It hasn't even had time to sink in that we're actually engaged."

"By the way, those rings are beautiful." Jenika says as she reaches over and takes Tim by the hand looking at his ring.

"It's amazing how close they resemble." Tim smiles looking down at his hand that Jenika was holding.

"Uh, actually, Chris walked in as I was looking at the rings. He was there to pick a ring out for Adam to give you. So we thought it would be cool to pick out ones that looked similar." Austin smiles.

"So who asked who?" Kelsey asks.

"Well, I asked Adam if he wanted to go for a walk. Cause I had every intention of asking him to marry me down by the Bayou where we had our first kiss." Tim smiles. "But then he started in on his speech and the next thing I knew he was on his knee in front of me asking me to marry him."

"And this Goofball starts laughing." Adam smirks as he gives Tim an eye roll.

"I couldn't help it. Everything he said was so beautiful but it threw me for a loop. I had in my mind everything I wanted to say to Adam and forgot it all." Tim chuckles. "I mean, it was so funny. Who would have known that we both had the same idea for a proposal at the same time and place."

"We did." Chris and Austin laugh as they hold up their hand.

*********

VOTE & COMMENT!!