Chapter 28

"So when did this happen?" Tim asks quietly, pulling Chance over to the steps of the restaurant.

"When I moved from Georgia to Louisiana. I met Avi at the clinic where he was an intern." Chance smiles as he looks down at Avi.

"And we just clicked." Avi smiles.

"Clicked? Yeah, Okay, right." Tim nods. "Well, you know you guys are putting your heads on the chopping block, right?"

"What do you mean by that?" Avi asks.

"Your names will be on the 'Sh*t List' right under mine and Adam's." Tim says. He shakes his head at Avi's confused expression. "The 'Most Hated List'. People in this town hates gays."

"I kind of warned Avi after he told me he wanted to come here." Chance says.

"Don't get me wrong. I'm happy for you guys and I'm very happy to meet you, Avi. But just keep aware of your surroundings. These people can be very dangerous." Tim says.

"And this is coming from someone who knows first hand." Adam adds.

"I knew what I was getting myself into bringing Avi here. But we love each other and I wanted him here." Chance says.

"You know this will hurt your profession. These people won't want you for their doctor." Austin says.

"If they want medical attention they don't have a choice." Rob says with a smile.

"AHHHH!!" Tim screams out suddenly as kids set off firecrackers behind him on the street. He sits down quickly on the steps and covers his head. He whimpers softly as he rocks back and forth.

"Shhh, Baby, it's okay." Adam says sitting down beside him and wrapping his arms around him. He pulls his husband close to his chest to comfort him.

"GET THE HELL AWAY FROM HERE, YOU STUPID BRATS!" Bob yells. "OR I'LL KICK YOUR ASSES!"

The kids run away screaming.

"Maybe I just need to go home." Tim says in a soft trembling voice.

"No, Sweetie. That's exactly what these people what you to do." Jenika says. "They want you to hide away."

"What happened to the man with the 'I don't give a sh*t what people thinks' attitude?" Austin asks as he sit down on the other side of his older brother.

"He's tired, Little Brother." Tim says as he quickly wipes a tear to keep anyone from seeing. "He can't do it any more."

"That's bullsh*t and you know it." Austin says. "You're the strongest man I know, Tim. And that strength is still there. You just need to find it again."

"And that strength and confidence that you have gave me the courage to step out." Chance says as he takes Avi by the hand. 

"It's no secret how I used to feel about you, Foust. Bottom line, I hated you BUT I respected you for standing up for what you believed in." Bob says. "You fought for it and you fought hard."

"You fell in love, Tim." Mark adds. "And you weren't afraid to show it."

"Honey, you can handle anything these people throws at you. But, you don't have to handle it alone. You have me." Adam says as he brushes Tim's hair back behind his ear.

"And you have me." Austin adds.

"And us. Your friends." Chance says.

"And if it still gets too hard. I'll kick their asses." Bob says with a smirk.

"Like you threatened those ten year old kids?" Mark asks with a raised brow.

Tim chuckles as he removes his glasses to wipe his eyes.

"You guys are something else." Tim says as he shakes his head.

"When you get too tired to carry on, you can always lean on us." Mark adds with a smile.

"I love you guys." Tim smiles. "Even you, Bob."

Adam smiles as he stands up. Taking his husband by the hand, he pulls him up from his seat on the steps.

"I love you, Swamp Rat, and I don't care who knows it." Adam says as he slides his arms around Tim's neck.

"I love you too, City mouse." Tim smiles as he wraps his arms around his husband and kisses him softly.

Their friends begin to whoop and holler as Tim deepens the kiss. The commotion drawing attention from  some of the towns people. They wrinkle their nose with disgust to see the Cajun Foust kissing his Yankee husband.

"Wow, you were right when you said there was never a dull moment." Avi chuckles as he looks up at Chance.

"Shall we join them?" Chance asks as he slips his arms around Avi's small waist.

"We shall." Avi answers with a giggle as Chance leans in and kisses him.

"Dr. Chance! That is no way for a doctor to act in public." An elderly Cajun says as he walks up to the group.

"I have you know, old-Timer, that I am off the clock. This is my time and I will do anything that I d*mn well please." Chance snaps back at the old man. "And it's none of your business."

"So go f*ck a gator." Avi says as he pulls Chance into a passionate kiss.

Tim couldn't help but chuckle as he nibbles on Adam's neck.

"D*mn, Chance. Where'd you say you found him at?" Tim laughs as he raises his head.

Avi holds up a finger telling him to hold on a minute as he and Chance continue to kiss.

Adam reaches up and lays a finger on Tim's jaw, turning his attention back to him.

"Talk later." Adam says softly as he crashes his lips against his husband's.

"What the heck are yall doing? Having a competition or something?" Austin laughs.

"I think they're trying to prove a point to the people." Jenika smiles.

"Yall wanna bet money on who can last the longest?" Austin laughs as he reaches into his pocket for some cash. "My money goes on Tim and Adam. I live with them, I know they never get tired of kissing."

"Yeah, but Chance and Avi hadn't seen each other in a while. They have some catching up to do." Jenika says. "My money goes on them."

"I agree with Austin." Chris says. "Mainly because I know my brother and how obsessed he is with Tim."

"Well, I have to put my money down on Chance and Avi." Rob says. "Avi is all I've heard about from Chance the last few weeks."

"Are yall being serious right now?" Mark laughs. "You guys must be really bored."

Both couples start laughing, breaking their kiss.

*********

VOTE & COMMENT PLEASE!!