Chapter 27

As the days passed, Tim healed physically. The bruises faded and the slashes on his back healed although leaving scars. But mentally, he wasn't healing as fast.

He seemed very jumpy. Any sudden sound would startle him. He would become extremely paranoid when left alone.

The doctors had warned Adam and Austin that besides the injuries to Tim's body that his mind could also be damaged.

"Are you sure that you feel like going today?" Adam asks as he and Tim got dressed for the festival.

"Yeah, I'm sure. Besides, we need to go help Kelsey set up." Tim answers as he slips on his boots.

"I just don't want you over doing it." Adam says.

"I'm fine, Beautiful." Tim smiles as he kisses his husband on the nose.

As they walk out of the bedroom, they are met with the aroma of fresh coffee. Austin was in the kitchen filling three to go mugs with coffee.

"Where's Olena? Is she going?" Adam asks as he takes one of the mugs.

"Yeah, she's going. She's just going to get a little more sleep and come later." Austin answers, handing his brother a mug of coffee. "What about you? You sure that you're ready for this?"

"I have to be. I can't hide out in the house for the rest of my life." Tim says as he sips his coffee.

"Well, you know that you will be closely watched." Austin smirks.

"Oh, I'm sure of it." Tim nods as he slips on his glasses. "Yall ready?"

Satchmo hops into the back of the truck as the three men get inside.

It was still a few hours before sun up but a lot of work had to be done in town. The road into town was dark and creepy. Raccoons and possums were a constant sight.

As they pull into a parking place, they see Mark and Bob's trucks already there.

As they are getting out of their truck. Tim glances around just in time to see a figure coming out of the dark woods and walking toward them.

"Oh, God." Tim gasps as he grabs Adam by the arm.

"Honey, it's alright. It's just Bob." Adam says, trying to pry Tim's tight grip from his arm.

"Sorry, man. Didn't mean to scare you. Just had to take a piss." Bob chuckles.

Tim leans against his truck trying to calm himself.

"Well, hell. Seeing Bigfoot coming out of the woods would scare anybody." Austin chuckles.

"Shut up, Squirt." Bob laughs as they begin walking toward the main street.

"Hey, guys." Kelsey waves as they walk up to the area where Chris and Mark were sitting up tables. She hugs Tim's neck. "So glad to see you here. How are you feeling?"

"I'm good. I haven't missed one of these yet. Not gonna start now." Tim smiles.

"That's my Tim." She smiles, rubbing him on the cheek.

"Where's Chance?" Austin asks as he glances around.

"Uh... He's going to be a little late today. He had to make a trip to New Orleans. He left a couple of hours ago." Rob answers.

"Is anything wrong?" Tim asks, only to get a quick head shake from Rob. His actions left Tim thinking that Rob wasn't telling everything he knew.

"Where's my BFF?" Jenika asks.