Watch Your Step

And now, to enter the warped and dangerous place known as my mind.  Welcome to a deadly maze of traps and terror, where the walls are mirrors of liquid darkness webbed with fissures and cracks from the devils barely contained inside.  Welcome to a place where the ground is dyed a sharp, painful red and air is filled with the smell so familiar to all of us who have endured suffering at our own hands.  Welcome to a world where the sun rarely shines, the sky filled to overflowing with thick, dark, ever growing clouds of mistakes and failures.  Welcome to the mind of one who has tried to escape, and failed.  Welcome to slow, creeping insanityYou chose to come here, and you can still choose to leave.  But if you don't, if for some remote and unfathomable reason you choose to stay, than remember that.  Remember that you chose to come here.  So when you're scratched and bleeding from the poison thorns of your own doubt, when you are so tired of avoiding the darkness that it finally latches onto you and drags you into its stifling depths, when you can no longer keep yourself from contemplating giving up...
When everyone else has deserted you, when you are left all alone and your own thoughts slowly begin to decay, remember -

     You will have only yourself to blame.