Chapter 11 ~ Background Heroine ~

A tall ginger sat with her legs crossed on the bleachers. She observed the team as they practised. Especially, the ones with colorful hair. She took a glance at her watch.

"Hmm, they're late.."

She looked at the gym door, expecting a certain blonde to come in along with a raven head.

She smiled when she heard the voices approaching.

"Come on, Megumicchi! Haruno-sensei told me to bring you to basketball training today."

"B-But.. I'm not a member."

"Mou~ can you watch me train for a little bit then?"

"Eh?"

"I'm super cool when I play, you know!"

The doors swing open. Kise walked in with his arms around Megumi's shoulder, guiding her into the gym. She blushed madly when the rest of the first strings turned to stare at her. She was getting nervous.

"So, you're finally here~" Hokuto jumped in front of them. "What took you so long?"

"Gomen, sensei.." Kise smiled sheepishly.

"It's okay~~ You guys must have been all lovey dovey on the way here so, I understand.." Hokuto pointed a finger towards them with teasing grin on her face.

"I-It's n-not like that, Hokuto-ne.."

"Hmm?"

"I mean, Hoku.. I mean, Haruno-sensei.." Megumi was blushing ever more than before.

After a few more minutes of teasing, the coach finally went to drag Hokuto away from them. He let the team take a break as the School Support Group members gathered around the coach and Hokuto, including their pink haired manager. Megumi noticed the occasional glances that the other starters gave to her. It wasn't hatred, that she can tell. She was a bit relieved by that but, that doesn't mean that she was comfortable with it.

"Alright, minna! Today, I going to introduce a new member to you guys.." Hokuto said with her fist on her waist.

"Eh? But, we didn't receive any registration forms.." The pinkette said while checking her clipboard.

"It's alright, Momoi. I requested it personally," the tall slightly tanned coach said.

"Really?!" Aomine spoke up.

"For coach to request a new member like that, it must be to ensure the team's victory.." Akashi added, in his normal mode.

"Hmm~ I hope it's not a maiubo thief or I'll crush him," Murasakibara commented.

"Food shouldn't be your only concern, nanodayo.." Midorima scolded.

"Who is he, coach?" Kuroko suddenly appeared next to the coach.

The coach popped a vein and put his large hands on his head. He looked like he was going to crush Kuroko's head.

"Quit popping out of nowhere, kid!" he yelled.

"Hai." Kuroko said simply.

"Okay, okay~ let's focus now.." Hokuto pulled coach's grip from Kuroko's head.

Coach cleared his throat and crossed his arms on his chest. "Other than Kise being silent during an announcement, this will also be weird news to you all. The new member is a 'she' .."

All of them turned wide eyed. Megumi who had no clue of what they were talking about just glanced at Kise for a clue. But, he was also clueless of the situation. Plus, yes.. This is his first time being silent when the coach is talking. He usually doesn't know how to shut up.