Chapter 29 ~ A Day With Kuroko ~

Let's skip the tedious days and get to the point, shall we?

As in 'the point'.. I mean, Saturday. The basketball club had practice in the morning while they were free in the evening since Souma some things to arrange for the upcoming Inter High. The other reason would be that Megumi can't be left alone being coach for the day with all those bullies.

It has been really tense since that incident at the gym. The other first strings were giving a tough fight during practice matches against the six starters. But, of course. The title 'Generation of Miracles' isn't all bark and no bite. If they fight hard, the miracles will step up their game even harder and better.

The final whistle was blown, signaling the team that practice was over.

Megumi could see that no one else approached her other than the six boys and Momoi. She gave the towels amd water bottles to the six while Momoi dealed with the rest. She saw how the others steered clear of her and her friends.

"Fuh! That was pretty tough.." Kise said, easing onto the seat next to Megumi.

"They played rough alright," Aomine growled.

"Are you alright, Kuroko?" They turned and saw Akashi inspecting the small bruise on Kuroko's face.

"I'm alright."

"Eh? How did Kuro-chin get that bruise?" Murasakibara frowned.

"I fell when I was at home."

"Ne, Megumicchi. Do you have a bandage?" Kise asked. But, he didn't buy Kuroko's excuse.

"Ah, I think the first aids kit is in the locker room. I-I'll go get it," Megumi stood up to run towards the locker room but, she was blocked by Midorima. "Eh?"

"Here," Midorima held out a blue bandage at her. "It's one of my lucky item today."

"Thank you, Midorima-kun." Megumi took the item and bowed at him.

"I-It's not like I cared o-or any-anything. I-"

"Midorima-kun is a good person." Megumi smiled shyly before going over to Kuroko's side.

Megumi gently put the bandage over the bruise. The bandage was necessary since there was a tiny cut in the middle of the bruise.

"There.. All done. B-Be careful next time, okay."

"Hai." Kuroko smiled. Megumi blushed and retreated next to Kise. Her bangs were covering her eyes again. They seem to have grown longer over the past few months.

"Shall we go then, Mirai-san?"

"E-Eh?"

"Please wait for me. I'll get changed quickly.."

"O-Okay."

The others just exchanged looks at the conversation. They had no idea what they were talking about. All except, Kise who had this very weird feeling in his chest. He knew that Kuroko is nice to Megumi and that he would make sure she's safe but, at the same time.. He didn't Megumi to go with Kuroko no matter what.

As the rest went to the locker room, Kise stayed for a bit to talk to Megumi.

"Hey, if you want me to pick you up at the station later, just call me okay?" Kise poked her cheek.

"Y-You're not coming with us?" Megumi tilted her head to the side.

"Eh.."

A flashback of his conversation with Minako and Noriko appeared in his head.

"If a guy ask a girl out, a third party should never interfere!" Minako said, pointing a finger at Kise.

"What? But, what if they get into trouble? I need to be wih Megumicchi!" Kise pouted.