Chapter 38 ~ Kise's Reward ~

A zombie Aomine walked beside Momoi the very next day. She had plenty of time to study because all the tormenting was left to Hokuto. Aomine did manage to read all the copies of her notes though. But, still.. He's traumatized by the whole experience of Hokuto tutoring him. Three of his magazines were burnt to ashes!

On the other hand, Murasakibara looked absolutely normal. Well, I mean he's acting like he usually is and not referring to his height and hair colour. You know what I mean.

He had a bag of snacks in his arms and he certainly didn't have the intention of sharing. Looks like the bribe worked.

As for Kise, he looked totally fired up! He has been reading the notes while walking since he and Megumi got out of the gates. Plus, he ate an extra bowl of rice during breakfast.

Megumi was proud of what she was seeing. She could feel a certain positive vibe from him. It was refreshing to see him so motivated like that.

_______

Before the exam started, Megumi took out a small thermos from her bag and turned towards Kise. She poured some of the drink into the lid that acted as a cup and offered it to him.

"Here, Kise-kun.." She held the cup in front of him, catching his attention. He lifted his head from the notes and looked up at her.

He took the cup from her and smelled the warm drink.

"Whoah, it smells good. What is it?"

"It's some herbal tea that grandmother prepared earlier. You didn't get much sleep so, that tea helps keep the headache and drowsiness away," Megumi explained. "And, take this too."

She pulled out  a water bottle from her bag and put it on his desk.

"Eh?"

"I-It's important to stay hydrated during an exam so that the information is processed more easily," Megumi said.

"Megumicchi!" Kise had comical tears gushing from the corner of his eyes.

"Eh, w-what's wrong?"

"Megumicchi is so nice! She's like an angel!" Kise said almost too loudly and dranked the whole cup of tea in one go before wiping his eyes with the sleeve of his uniform.

Megumi smiled at that. "Good luck, Kise-kun."

Kise gave a determined nod.

_______

As the exam went on, Kise struggled to remember all the things he studied. It was hard to do that when all of the sudden it all got mixed up with Kazuma's gibberish. Those words! Just why did Kazuma have to tease them about all that sexual stuff during tutoring session?!

'NO! DON'T THINK ABOUT ALL THAT! MY FEELINGS FOR MEGUMICCHI ARE PURE!' he mentally yelled to himself which made him hit his fist against his desk.

The whole class looked up at him as if he was crazy.

"Kise!"

Kise flinched. He forgot that the one monitoring them is Hokuto herself!

"Y-Yes, sensei?"

"Shut it.." Hokuto said icily.

"Wahh! Gomen!" Kise shivered amd refocused on the exam paper.

Megumi glanced worriedly at Kise. But, she clenched her fist and focused on her exam as well.

'You can do it, Kise-kun!'

_______

During another paper, Kise struggled to remember the vocabularies. Yes, it was English! He scratched his head, trying his best to remember the information.