Chapter 47 ~ Observation ~

Minato's POV

Interesting. I leaned against the railings with my arms in front of me as the game progressed. As expected from Souma Takeshi, he didn't take the risk in looking down on the opponent.

It seems that it's the opponent's first time joining the Inter High. Although that shows that they could possibly an underdog, Souma is still very careful.

He's using the benched players to fish out the opponent's abilities. It's their first Inter High so, no match footage is available for analysis. It's a good strategy. With this, the foe could get the wrong idea that our side is underestimating them because we're not using the five main starters and would possibly pull off their real abilities to attempt intimidation.

Midorima is also in to maintain the scoring as well as to futher threaten the opposition team.

A psychological strategy. I like that. Futhermore..

I smirked at the focused look on Kise's face. Damn, I didn't expect the idiot to stand being apart from Megumi. I kinda underestimated his fighting will, huh?

In sports, it would he difficult if there's something bothering your mind during a game. That includes relationships and stuff. If you can't keep you head in the game because of those issues then, you shouldn't be on the team at all. Losing focus means your fighting spirit for the sport is lacking. Well, at least that's what the school these so called miracles are from says.

Ah, they scored.

The score buzzer went off just before the end of the first quarter. Very good.

The score gap is already quite big with the miracles in the lead.

My eyes observed the coach of the other team.

"They're underestimating us!"

Good, they took the fake bait.

It's the exact opposite of what they think.

Instead of underestimating you, Souma is actually being very cautious. You should be proud.

During the second quarter, there were a few member changes on the other team.

It was halfway through that part when I realised something. Right there..

His passes were weak. He wasn't running as agile as before. I could tell that he was breathing heavily. That's right. Takiya Izumi is lagging. His game play is all sloppy.

Wait, a substitution?

Souma stood next to the referee with his eyes sharply locked onto Takiya. So, he noticed too, huh?

Takiya doesn't look too happy about it. Damn, he looks like he might kill someone. Eyes all bloodshot and all. It's kind of creepy.

He got replaced with Kuroko.

It's good to substitute him actually. With that shoddy piece of game play, the score gap would he ruined. The opponent is retaliating  very well after all.

I'm not saying that he's useless now. But, I can't feel any motivated vibe from that Takiya guy. He didn't even high five or exchanged words with Kuroko.

Teammates are suppose to be united and support each other. But, Takiya look disgusted as he watched the game from the bench.

Wait, what?!

Where's he going?

Takiya took his bag and walked off. Gritted teeth and tensing muscles, all signs of aggression on him.