Chapter 50 ~ The Senshiki Shrine ~

Dedicated to grace5151🎉🎉
Happy belated birthday and great thanks for always supporting this book❤❤ ENJOY!! 😊😊

_______________________________________________________

Megumi has already discovered something forgotten. It was unbelievable regarding how close Hikari was to Akashi and how she forgot all that due to her sudden panics. It could be that there are plenty of other lost memories. But, it would he difficult to answer that now.

"Will it be alright if I stay with her a little bit more today before I return to school?" Akashi's question made her look up from the mashed piece of cake that she has absentmindedly been stabbing with her fork.

Seeing the sincere glint in his eyes, she couldn't be happier to let him do so.

"Of course," Megumi nodded happily. It was strange. She would usually be beyond gloomy when it's just her alone, taking care of Hikari. All burden felt to be on her shoulders as the world around her attacked with accusations and harsh treatment. For many years, she blamed herself for Hikari's state which dragged her down into the core of grief.

Somehow, seeing that someone else was also there waiting for Hikari's return put her heart at ease. She knew everyone in her family wished for the best for her sister but, what Akashi held in his heart for Hikari is different. She wanted to see the day where Hikari will be able to respond to those feelings.

"Mirai.."

"Yes?" Megumi returned from her wonders to Akashi who has finished his drink.

"You should realise that Hikari is not the only one who has someone awaiting for her return," Akashi pointed out.

Megumi pressed her palm to her chest, feeling her beating heart.

"H-He's waiting?"

"That loverboy of yours has been quite gloomy since the day you left so suddenly. Perhaps you should check your phone more often," Akashi suggested. He leaned back in his seat, crossing his arms on his chest.

"Eh?" Megumi dug in her bag - which Asuka bought for her - for her phone. She pressed the unlock button a few times before she finally got the hint that the battery was dead. It hasn't been charged since the day she got to Tokyo. Megumi sighed at the matter.

Akashi put on an amused smile on his lips.

"By the way, it seems that your bodyguard has wandered off somewhere."

Megumi looked to her side where the empty space where Jin used to sit was left cold. Megumi looked around, turning left and right and even searching down the rows of tables with her eyes. But, he was nowhere to be found.

_______

Kise and Minato had already arrived at the destination much to Kise's confusion because he had no idea where and what that place was. A tall fleet of stairs laid beyond them, darkening against the sky that held the setting sun. It was at the other end of the village, an area that Kise hasn't explored yet. He had only been there for a few months now since spring after all.

"No resting just yet, Kise," Minato pushed Kise forward and then continued to lead the way.

The place was located on higher grounds and as they ascended the stone stairs, Kise could see the village houses getting smaller and smaller. The view was breathtaking.

At the top of the stairs, Tori gates lines the pavement leading to what looked like the main shrine.

"Whoah, this place is beautiful!" Kise gaped at the wonderful surroundings.