Chapter 56 ~ Izumi's Wrath ~

"Oka-san.."

It's alright, Izumi.. Oka-san will be here when you wake up."

Reluctantly, young Izumi laid his head onto the pillow and held onto his mother's hand as he slowly closed his eyes. As soon as his eyes were closed, he felt a hollow feeling built up in the pits of his heart.

He squeezed onto his mother's hand, pulling it closer so that it touches his forehead.

"Oka-san, don't leave.."

"I won't.."

_______

A storm.

It was in the middle of a storm when Izumi woke up with the absence of his mother's hand in his. The futon next to him was also empty, long cold from the warmth of the person who left it.

"O-Oka-san!"

The front door opened, making his ears perk up. He ran out into the hallway in hope of seeing his mother there to greet the guest.

But, something was wrong. Although, he was still a young child.. He knew well enough to not be out in a storm like that. It was scary!

When he arrived at the front door..

His father was standing there with a crowd of people behind him. They were all drenched with rain water and covered in mud. Why were they covered in mud? Did they fall somewhere?

"Otou-san?" Izumi spoke when his father said no word at all.

The adult male glared down at him, fury burning in his eyes.

He roughly pushed Izumi aside, making the poor child's head knock against the wall. The crowd outside gasped in shock and some yelled when they heard things breaking from inside the house.

Men rushed into the house to calm Izumi's father down while some women tended to Izumi's injured forehead.

He was shocked and confused. Why? What happened?

Then.. In the middle of all the overlapping voices, was his answer.

"His mother just died and there goes his father making things worst."

Izumi's eyed widened. His veins were swelling with boiling anger. His breath hitched as he was losing every logic left in him.

But, that last sentence delivered the final blow.

"Well, what man would't be angry when their wife cheats on him? Then, to commit suicide when caught! Unbelievable!"

The word suicide echoed in his ears like a deafening alarm.

All his innocence snapped in mere seconds.

Then.. It was silent. And pitch black.

________

Izumi woke up with dried tears plastered on his cheeks. He sat up in his futon and stared into an empty space.

"I used up the last bits of innocence I had to try and believe in you, Mirai.. But, you only showed just how cursed you are. You're cursed! Too cursed that your own father didn't want you anymore. He didn't even want your mother! But, why? Why did it have to be my mother that he had to take away?!"

_______

The next day at the school gym..

The miracles stood motionless at the sight of Ren and Hiro bandaged in multiple places.