Chapter 25 ~ I'm Not Leaving ~

The rain was still falling till the very next day.

Thunders roared in the dark background of the sky as lightning flashed its blinding streaks. The dining room was cold and silent even with the presence of ten people in it. All were quiet, the air heavily entering their lungs as they breathed. With the dangerous stuff going on just the night before, they ought to treasure their breaths more.

All their heads sharply turned to the door when it opened, revealing Akashi's family doctor in his pristine white shirt and black pants. He held his stethoscope in one hand while the other put his glasses back in its place. He closed the door behind him and took a seat at the head of the table.

"How are they?" Akashi was first to ask.

"They are both in a stable state, Akashi-san. They just need some rest," the doctor explained.

"What about the cut on Kuroko's head? And Satsuki's arm?" Aomine asked, frowning. He seem to put more attention and care towards people lately.

"The cut has been treated. It was quite deep but, no stitches were required. As for Momoi-san, her arm is sprained as well as multiply bruised."

"Were there any other injuries, nanodayo?" It was Midorima's turn to put up a question.

"They both have many bruises and cuts. It's actually a miracle for them to suffer only from those injuries, judging from the height and area of their fall."

All of them sighed in relief.

"What about Micchan. I-I mean, Megumi.." Noriko stared at the doctor, anticipating the answer.

"She has many bruises and cuts on both her arms and legs. I had to pull out some thorns from some of them. I must say that she's quite a strong willed girl. She didn't even flinch when I treated her wounds," the middle aged doctor took his glasses off and placed it on the table. "She will need more time to calm down though. It looks like a case of panic attack with very rare effect."

Noriko looked away from him immediately, clenching her fists on her lap.

"You are right about that, doctor." Hina said calmly. "The members of this family can be quite strange."

"Mother.."

"You might as well let the rest know about it, Noriko. It's not fair that only that Kise boy knows our side of the story," she sipped on her tea and smiled. The type of smile that is known as wise to the younger generations.

"In times of fear, anger or even sadness. The possibility of her turning into her split personality is high, correct?" The doctor induced.

"As I expected from a doctor." Hina glanced over to Noriko who was looking down at her hands. The dark skin under her eyes clearly indicated how sleepless she has been.

The doctor excused himself after discussing a few more things with Akashi. As he left, the room grew silent once again.

"I don't understand." All heads turn to Murasakibara. "Does this mean there are two Mi-chins?"

"Not really." Hokuto took out a cigarette and put it between her lips. "One Megumi, two versions of her. That's the simple way to say it. My guess is that Akashi knows the feeling pretty well, huh?"

Akashi met Hokuto's gaze. Hokuto raised an eyebrow at him but, his expression remained neutral.

As they further discussed the matter, Minako leaned her head on Kasamatsu's shoulder. He blushed but, soon eased to the contact and put his arms around Minako's shoulders.

"I hope Micchan will be okay. This must have reminded her a lot about Hicchan," Minako said in a hushed voice so that only Kasamatsu could hear.

"We need to support her more than ever from now on," Kasamatsu squeezed her arm gently, trying to ease her worries.