Chapter 24 ~ Losing Control ~

Hello, gorgeous readers!

Okay, somebody pinch me coz I see this book just hit 190+ reads and more than 100 comments. Almost 50 votes too! This book is turning better than I thought it would and I know I wouldn't be here without you all!! Thank you so much~~ *virtual hugs* 😆😆

____________________________________________________

The howls of the wolf pack could be heard from a distance. They were already starting their hunt. Sticks cracked under their paws and the small puddles on the ground splashed in their wake. The growls, coming deep from their throats. Noses were raised into the air, catching any scent wafting in the area before they proceeded to search for the certain scents of prey on the ground.

One of them barred its teeth and howled, leading the pack into the direction of their new prey.

In the distance, Kise's almost slipped on the muddy ground at the spine tingling sound. There was much more intent in the howl than before. He looked back at his team mates and saw that the colour on their faces were slowly draining away. There was a heavy sense of hunting instinct in the air.

"M-Megumicchi," Kise hesitated, barely realising the shakiness of his voice. "Wh-What did that mean?"

He put a hand on her shoulder but, pulled back at the touch of her skin growing colder. Even in the dark, he could see her whole body trembling.

"They are starting to track down their prey.." There was a surge of blood in her veins. The warmth was nothing comforting at the moment as she tried to steady her heartbeat. There was that one thud in her chest that made her clench her chest, her knees buckling under her. The droplets of sweat trickled from her forehead.

"Megumicchi?" Kise calmed his own shaking hands and held her by the shoulders. "Ne, what's wrong? Megumicchi!"

Akashi witnessed the whole scene with his own visions getting blurry. He could sense it.

That thin line. That boundary where you become someone else.

"I can't br-breath.." Megumi wheezed.

"O-Oi, Mirai," Midorima frowned, catching a change in her voice. It was a tone lower. Gone was the soft spoken one they are used to hearing.

"Mirai, what's wrong?"

"Mi-chin.."

"Megumicchi.."

Megumi inhaled as much air as she could and let out heavy breaths everytime. It was suffocating.

People she cares about are going to get hurt.

She stopped trembling. Her head hung low as her heavy breathing turned passive. The rising and falling of her chest steadied into a normal pace.

Or perhaps, too calm for the situation.

"San.."

"Me-"

Before Kise could mention her name, she darted ahead into the cluster of bushes and trees. San raised her head, tilting it at the perfect angle for the loudest howl she could muster. She lowered her head and followed her master.

"We need to go after them!" His team mates were left with no other option as he ran along the path where Megumi and San have cleared in their stride.

_______

Goosebumps sprinkled their skin when the feat of howls erupted.

"Tetsu-kun, are you okay?" Momoi shook Kuroko's shoulders when his eyes started to get clouded. "Tetsu-kun!"