Chapter 41 ~ Name Yourself ~

The squeaking of sport shoes against the court soared to the roof as the training intensified. Hot breaths were inhaled and exhaled with each step, each pass, each move they made. Sweat soaked their clothes, also dripping to the floor.

"Kise!" Aomine passed the ball to Kise, who was ready to pull off a three pointer.

As usual, Aomine's pass was sharp. But, shockingly.. It wasn't sharp enough for the person who suddenly entered the game without authorization. All Kise felt was the shifting wind that passed by due to the sudden movements.

"What?!" Kise's jaw dropped.

A guy wearing a black hoodie stood in front of him, bouncing the ball.

Souma narrowed his eyes at the situation. From his observations, the way he was bounching the ball was a little off. It was slow. Anyone could just get there and take it. But, there was something else.

"I see that we have a guest here," Akashi spoke up.

"Tch, I'm not a guest, shortie.." A smirk appeared on his mischievous lips.

Those words sent Akashi's 'other side' to a near awakening. The ruby haired captain, narrowed his eyes as he calmly analyzed the situation.

"If you're not a guest, then I suppose you're an opponent.." Kise said, making the others look back at him.

"Whoah, you figured it out! You're plain dumb from what I heard!" The mysterious guy laughed quite heartily while pointing at Kise with his free hand.

Kise glared at the guy, seeking a way to steal the ball. He looked next to him and saw that Aomime had the same expression.

"I believe we should start then.." The guy started dribbling but, it was too slow.

"Too slow!" Aomine exclaimed.

His eyes widened when the ball bounced away from his hand when he tried to steal it.

"What the hell?!" Aomine sweared.

Momoi who stood next to Souma couldn't believe her eyes.

"No way.. Dai-chan.."

"I knew it.." Souma said to himself.

"Oi!" Kise stepped in and competed in a one on one with the guy. His movements were smooth and fast while the guy was somehow slow but, the sudden increase in speed was shockingly on point. He quickened right on time as if he could tell when Kise was going to get the ball from him.

"Patience, dude.." The guy said in a joking manner. Or it was more to teasing.

Kise observed his movements, trying to perfect copy his movements but, it was strange. It all looked like normal movements. Only the speed. The timing. And that odd atmosphere around the guy.

"Geez, I said patience!" The guy somewhat pouted.

To their horror, he managed to bounce the ball between Kise's legs and he caught it in a flash before dunking the ball into the hoop.

The others stood awe strucked by the recent match. Who is he?

The guy let go of the hoop and landed perfectly on his two feet, backfacing the team.

"Damn, what was that?!" Ren commented.

"Who knows.." Hiro said rather quietly.

Everyone had surprised looks all except Izumi. He looked disgusted!

"Name yourself." Akashi demaned, his voice at full authority.

"If you're a spy from the other teams, I'll crush you.." Murasakibara threatened.