28. I'm Your Captain

*Continuation From Last Chapter*

Richelle (Acro Dancer) POV -
I'm in disbelieve that latroy left the studio, and especially after we just announced A troupe. But we can't dwell on that, we have to start trying to find a replacement!

"Alright guys I honestly think we should replace him now!" Richelle spoke up, confidently as her other motives of becoming dance captain were still important. "What? We're not even going to try and get him back?" Sloane asked, rather shocked with what she was hearing.

Sloane (Latroys Girlfriend) POV -
He helped us compete at Regionals, he was part of the Wildcard team and now we're not even going to try and get him back?
That kind of sucks to me.

"No. We can't, Nationals is right around the corner and we need to find a replacement right now" Richelle explained, but Kate stepped in a few seconds later, "Alright, we'll give him 24 hours to change his mind. But we still need to find our dance captain." She said. "So who wants to be dance captain?" Kate asked.

"Me. I'd love to be dance captain" Richelle spoke up, she rose her hand up high in the air as she walked forward.

Emily (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
In the past I gave Richelle the dance captain diary before I left the studio as I thought she would be dance captain. On the run up to Regionals I just saw that she wasn't ready. But i think now that she is, but I want to put that to the test.

"Me, I want to be dance captain!"Emily said,  Shooting Richelle a look, not in anger or a nasty way, but a way of getting jet ready to fight for the job. "Well alright, i think we have a competition on our hands, Both of you pick 4 dancers so that you can create a 5 person dance with you included. I will judge the winner."

Emily (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
I'm not looking to be dance captain this year, but I will not to easy on her. The Next Step has to win at Nationals, and have a strong leader to  there.

Richelle (Acro Dancer) POV -
I'm still nervous as my leg still does hurt a bit, but I can do things that Emily can't and I'm sure I can win this.

Java Junction

Noah (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
I made sure that I wasn't picked to be in one of the 5 person Dances for the Captain Battles because I have to talk to Amanda. There is a spot open on A troupe, and would be perfect to fill in that spot and come to Nationals with us.

"Hey. So I've got some news" Noah said, sitting down and bringing his girlfriend a juice from the bar. "Latroy left A troupe on the first day" He said, not dressing it up in any shape or form. "He had to go to some boarding school." He added, by that point, Amanda had taken a sip from her drink. She gulped it down and began to talk. "No?! Really. So what's Kate doing about it?"  She asked.

Noah shook his head, and his and Amanda's thoughts were suddenly on the same page. "So I was thinking. You would be a perfect replacement for Latroy. You've been on A troupe before so, I reckon that you have a good chance" He said.

Amanda (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
Noah does make a good point, I would be a good replacement.

"So, should we er... Go ask Miss Kate?"  Noah asked, putting his hand on his girlfriends to show his support. She nodded, "Let's go right now!"  She said, they both got up and left with the hope that they would soon be dancing on the same team.

Studio B

Alfie (Jazz Dancer) POV -
I'm in studio B right now with Richelle and the rest of her 5 dancer team and I've noticed that she's working us hard, but she hasn't once done the Choreography herself. So I feel the need to talk with her about it.

"Richelle. Can we talk for a second?"

Richelle (Acro Dancer) POV -
When Alfie pulls me over to one side I know he's going to ask why I haven't danced at all yet. But I can't dance right now because I'll wear my leg out and I won't be able to cope when we do have to perform.

"We're performing this really soon, and you want to be dance captain. But you've not yet done the dance at all. Or even marked it through, what's going on?" Alfie asked, But Richelle knew she couldn't tell him about her leg injury. She had to come up with a excuse, "Oh I'm just saving my energy. Yeah because it's important that we're fully energised for later so we should not dance to hardly now." She said.

"Oh, so we can all take a break?" Alfie said, "No! Get dancing!" Richelle snapped, she could tell Alfie had made a play to what she had just said and she wasn't taking that. "Now, everyone from the top!"  She called out. "I want to see the Jazz Section"

Alfie (Jazz Dancer) POV -
I can tell something is up with Richelle. But I'm not quite sure what, I'm going to be keeping an eye on her.

Studio A/The Office

Sloane (Hiphop Dancer) POV -
This is a really weird feeling. Latroy is gone and I can't cope without him. So I've made the decision to leave A troupe,  I hope everyone understands.

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
When Sloane is telling me she's leaving the studio. I'm worried, We've only been a team for a day and now we've lost two dancers, but I can't be mad. She's following her heart and its clear that's Latroy.

Michelle (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
We're all in studio A and I see Sloane running out of Miss Kates office, I know this isn't good and when Kate comes out looking worried, I can tell this is bad.

"Alright dancers. I've another announcement to make: Sloane has left A troupe. But that's fine! I've got two replacements in mind, but let's get on with choosing the dance captain. Emily's group up first —

Emily (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
I'm my group I have Michelle, Zara, Kingston and Sloane. But she's gone so I've had to go with The Four of us.

Zara (Jazz Dancer) POV -
The fact Sloane went, is really throwing our dance off. But I hope it looks okay.

"And Richelle!"

Alfie (Jazz Dancer) POV -
Our dance is going well considering Richelle didn't even practice it.

Richelle (Acro Dancer) POV -
The dance is going well. My leg is holding out so I'm sure I can win this.

"Wow, guys that's great! I've decided to go with Richelle as dance captain."

Richelle (Dance Captain) POV -
I'm so pleased to be Dance Captain! Bring On Nationals!

3 hours Later

Amanda (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
Noah and I went to the office to ask Kate. Bit she was already talking to two other people. I shouldn't have got my hopes up!

Next time - The two New Members of A troupe settle in. A letter from the board arrives.

So what do you think? Who's made the team? Comment and vote below. Thanks!