40. Let The Game Begin

'Make the ground Shake...'

Ella (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
A troupe is warming up for the battle when the Gemini team goes into the middle of the studio space and they start performing this amazing routine.

Kingston (Hiphop Dancer) POV -
These dancers are seriously good. I'm the only male Hiphop Dancer in the team, so I really want make a stand against these dancers.

However, Kingston wouldn't be the only hip hip dancer for long as the two new additions came into the studio especially for that dance battle: West and Eldon. Kate waved and signalled them to come over before the battle was going t start. "Boys, office now!"

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
Emily's idea to get West and Eldon in is great. We have amazing dancers on our team but these two dancers will push us over the edge with this battle.

The office

"Thank you for coming so quickly!"

Eldon (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
I was stoaked when West and I were asked back to A troupe to compete in this dance battle. But I'm not actually on A troupe and neither is West; Why ask us to compete?

The Studio owner explained the situation to the boys, who seemed pretty understanding about it. They couldn't wait to compete for the team, "Sure. Whatever we can do to help the studio." West answered, after that it was time it face Gemini yet another time. Who was going to win now?

Studio A

"It's time to start the battle, are you ready?" The first Gemini twin declared. Kats gave a stern smile and nodd as she walked out of the office with Eldon and West. "Born ready" She replied smugly. The A Troupe dancers plus Eldon and West stood on the side of the large windows as Gemini was stood by the mirrors.

"Let the games begin! "

Riley (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
The first few minutes into the battle are really intense. I mean this is the first time The Next Step has gone up against Gemini since Regionals.

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
it's the twins that start to dance, and they are doing this incredible routine. But then Kingston is the first A troupe dancer to represent our team.

All of the dancers from The Next Step could only stand and cheer as Kingston took on the two Gemini twins. West looked impressed, he thought Kingston reminded him of himself and his time at the next step. He missed his days of competition, but hoped they would come back soon.

Michelle (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
So right now I'm taking on one of the Gemini teams Female dancers. She's really strong, but I'm Miss National Soloist; I'm going to beat her!

Richelle (Dance Captain) POV -
is killing the dance battle right now, but I'm the dance captain. I have to represent my team, so I start doing some Acro and contemporary. And my leg feels alright, maybe this is a sign it's going to be fine.

~~~

A while later and all of the dancers from A troupe were exhausted, as were all of the Gemini twins, apart from the two twins. This was time for Eldon and West to grace the floor once again, and it was going really well. They could tell that Gemini was impressed, but also scared at the same time.

Eldon (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
These twins are good, but not good enough! I can tell we're giving them a run for their money.

West (Hiphop Dancer) POV -
We're going all out, but this is a walk in the park, with a dog. On roller skates, with ice cream.

Alfie (Jazz Dancer) POV -
I see the twin moving backwards as they had nothing else to show, at this point, I know that Gemini lost this battle.

"This battle is over!" Kate said loudly. The Next Step had finally beaten the so called amazing Gemini team. But as the teams came together and then split apart again, Alfie didn't Shy away from the Gemini team. Instead he turned away from A troupe, it was time to announce his plans.
"Good Luck at Nationals, I quit!"

A troupe all turned around at the shock of this, "I'm sorry what? You can't quit. Nationals is days away" Kate answered, nor giving Alfie room to speak. "Oh I know, that's why I have to get rehearsing for Nationals, with my team... The Geminis!"
The team all gasped, how could he do this to them?

Riley (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
I never saw this coming! How could he do this to us?

Piper (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
I'm appalled, Alfie was our friend, he was on our team and now he's just betrayed us like that? How could it do that to as all?

Emily (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
So we're going to Nationals, and we only have 11 dancers. How is this going to work out?

The Next day

The following day, A troupe was mixed with emotions. They won the dance battle which was great, but they had lost one of the best dancers on the team. How could they win Nationals now? "Guys, we need to think about who we're going to bring into A troupe for Nationals" Kate announced, they were all sat around on the floor stretching at this time.

James (Break Dancer) POV -
We don't have time to bring anyone into the team. Nationals is tomorrow, we have to face the competition with only 11 dancers and hope for the best. We've lost dancers before right? What's one more time?

"Miss Kate there isn't time. We have to face nationals head on now, even if it means with Only 11 dancers " James spoke up," We're the internationals champions right? We can handle this, it's time to untie and dance the future together!

"Ready A troupe?"

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
We can do this, we beat Gemini, and even if we do have 11 dancers, we'll face it together!

Piper (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
Nationals here we come!

Next time - A troupe arrives at Nationals, how will the fare?

So what did you think? A troupe won the dance battle! Sorry this chapter is a little rushed. What do you think will happen next? Also, who do you want to say the last talking head (POV) of the book? Please comment and vote if you enjoyed! Thank you!