3. A Complete Mess

*Continuation From Last Chapter*

Kate still stood in the office, her phone still out on her extended arm. It was clear she wasn't in the best of moods and they way things were going made it clear that she wasn't going to get any happier anytime soon.

"Come on. I'm waiting, What is going on in this picture? Tell me?" Kate instructed sternly. Riley, came closer slowly and looked at the phone to see the Gemini team taking the trophy. "It's the Gemini team... Af.. After they won Regionals" Riley explained slowly. Finaly, Kate began to move, she nodded her head and put her phone down on the desk.

"Yes, exactly. The Gemini team won Regionals and The Next Step didn't?!? We're the international Champions!" She said angrily. It was clear that she was beginning to regret leaving Riley in Charge of the studio. "It's lucky Richelle called me to come back because it looks as if the studio needs saving and I'm going to save it" She said.

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
I left the studio, with trust that Riley will be able to lead the team to Regionals and Win. But it looks as if I was wrong, now I have to sort this mess out and get A troupe back on track.

Java Junction

Skylar (Dance Captain) POV -
I called Cierra into the studio because I need to talk to her about what happened at Regionals. She's my sister and the only person I can talk to about how I feel.

"... I'm the dance captain and I've just not lead them properly. " Skylar explained, looking down at her hands whilst she fiddled around with her fingers. Cierra was understanding, whilst at elite the sisters lost Nationals many times but now loosing Regionals with a National & international title at risk made it all the more worse.

"So what are you getting at?" Cierra asked.

Cierra (Skylars Sister) POV -
I know something is bothering her. So she may as well tell me.

"I don't think I can be dance captain anymore. It's just not my cup of tea" She said, but her sister didn't want to hear it, "Skylar. You're pretty much the reason A troupe even got to Regionals because of your solo in the final qualifier" Cierra reasoned. Skylar shook her head, "No. I've decided that I should step down... And I know exactly who should be dance captain"

The office

Back in the office, Kate was still getting down to the bottom of what happened while she was away. It was a complete mess, and everyone could see that. "Why didn't you just call me if you were struggling?" Kate asked Riley, she was much calmer now, after all are could see that yelling wouldn't help. "Look Riley i don't mean to yell at you. But you have to understand that that we are the international champions and now we risk not getting to that point again"

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
I think enough is enough. I need to speak with A troupe and get things moving again, so that's What I do.

Sure enough, The dancers came into the studio at almost the same time and Kate gave them a few minutes to get settled. But finaly she went out to see them, Michelle was the first to notice that she was back. "Miss Kate, You're back?" She said, getting everyones attention. "Yes Michelle. It's time to get the studio back to where it needs to be"

Michelle (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
I'm so pleased that Miss Kate is back, we need her to help us become the best again, don't tell Riley I said that.

"But first, Where is Amanda. Is she not committed to A troupe again?" Kate guessed, thanking back to when she missed the A troupe auditions last time around. "No I'm not actually" She said coming in. I've taken a job with Giselle though - I won't be dancing with A troupe this year" She explained, most of the team seemed to be happy for her.

"Alright Talk amongst yourselfs, Michelle could I speak to you in my office please?" Kate asked, She walked away and returned to James and Riley who has stayed in. Michelle come following in quickly. She was nervous, what did Kate want to talk to her about? "Relax you aren't in trouble....

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
I'm bringing Michelle into the office because if we're to get back to our old level and even higher. We need her with us... But this time on the other side.

Michelle (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
When Kate is explaining it all to me, it does sound intriguing, like I do want to help the team get better, but what does it mean for my dance career?

"Before we even consider competiting again we need to know why A troupe lost and we need to improve. Never in history as an internationals winning team not made it to the next internationals to defend the title" Kate announced, demonstrating how important it was to get better.

"So Michelle. Can we rely on you to help us out here?" Kate asked for one final time. The contemporary dancer nodded, "That's great. Just not a word to anyone else yet" Kate said, she smiled and watched Michelle walk out.

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
If my idea works. We should be fine.

3 hours later

Amanda (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
I'm coming into the studio for the last time before I leave with Giselle. I'm really looking forward to the tour, but I'm frightened, I don't want to loose Noah or anyone else for the same matter - but I'm following my heart and this is where is taken me.

Noah (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
I walk into studio A and see Amanda dancing her Solo, and I can't help but notice she's dancing her Nationals audition solo from last year. Watching it now, I can see Amanda is a different perosn, I know we'll be okay, I just hope she knows too.

Next time - Kate gets work on rebuilding the team, Amy and Latroy talk.

So guys what do you think so far? I promise the next chapter is going to be set a few days later and not a continuous one from this chapter, What is Kate doing? Comment and vote if you liked it, thanks!