42. Tie Breaker? (Nationals)

CAN THE NEXT STEP PLEASE TAKE THE STAGE?

Chuck Anderson - SNR Network
I'm really interested to see what the next step bring to this round, earlier in the dance season they lost at the Regional Competition but still qualified for Nationals after winning the Wildcard Competition. So I think they have some fire inside to do well don't you think trě?

Trě Armstrong - SNR Network
Well that's absolutely right Chuck, and as a team that went on to the internationals and won. Loosing at Regionals straight after isn't really the best way forward, in fact that's never happened in the history of these absolute dance competitions, so they really need to leave their hearts out on the floor. This is Noah from the next step!

Noah (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
Walking out onto the Nationals stage for the first time, it's amazing and I just can't wait to light up the stage and get my team into the next round.

The stage was set and so was Noah for his performance, he walked out into his opening spot and waitied for the music to begin for his solo. A troupe looked at him with hope, would he be able to get them into the next round.

Amanda (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
The story of Noah's dance us basically the concept of change. So he starts of at the back of the stage dancing in hiphop but then he accidentally Dances contemporary and the intensity changes.

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
Watching Noah dance, it's captivating! I remember when he was just a little J trouper and now he's on the National Stage. He definitely reminds me of Eldon and I can tell that he will go far in life.

Noah (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
As my solo ends, I feel a wave of energy! I've got this in the bag!

Seconds later the Soloist that he was competing against came back out onto the stage for the results. It was a nervous few moments that felt like years, but eventually the judges arrived at a decision.

'BODY BUMP DANCE AND THE NEXT STEP BOTH SCORE 94 POINTS!
🌟 🌟 🌟
IT'S A TIE! BOTH TEAMS HAVE 5 MINUTES TO PREPARE A DUET FOR THE TIE BREAKER!

Chuck Anderson - SNR Network
I have to say i wasn't expecting that at all. Solid performances from both dancers, but now it's up to the judges to pick one winner.

Trě Armstrong - SNR Network
I'm interested to see how the teams are going to play this one.

"I can't believe it's a tie!" Noah said, as he came of the stage and headed toward the team. They only had 5 minutes to create a duet that would be performed in the tie breaker. "Who's going to be doing the duet?" He asked, it was strange how all heads on the team turned to the couple of dancers holding hands at back.

Riley (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
It looks like James and I are going to be dancing a Nationals duet again. I never thought it would be in these circumstances again...

5 Minutes Later

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
Body Bump Dance has just taken to the stage so James and Riley have a few minutes before they have to go on stage and break the tie.

Riley (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
So we've decided to freestyle, but there is some lifts we want to be in it so we are just trying to go over the landings and other things just to be ready.

"And 5,6,7,8 lift!" Riley said, they performed an almost perfect helicopter lift and then he put her down. "Okay that's good, and then you should put me down and I'll do some turns maybe?" Riley suggested, James and the others dancers seemed to be liking what she was saying. "And the ending pose, right at the end of the stage?" Emily asked, She watched her sister give a sassy and confident pose, "Yas! Fabulous!"

Emily (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
I think the duet with go really well, but it's James and Riley and that means we'll win for sure.

CAN THE NEXT STEP PLEASE ENTER THE STAGE?

"Okay that's it, you're on" Kate said as the two dancers representing body bump dance walked past them in the wings, in a way A troupe was at a disadvantage. Since body bump dance had managed to get costumes for their duet in that short amount of time, James and Riley had to dance just as hard to make up for it, after all they were dancing on their team uniform.

Chuck Anderson - SNR Network
Now this is the next step taking the stage for the tie breaker duet. Let's see how this is going to do down as the next step, take the stage at the absolute dance National championship.

Riley (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
As the music starts, I'm really nervous about having to dance, I mean I'm not warmed up or anything and I've not performed on stage since internationals so I'm kind of getting used to it all again.

James (Break Dancer) POV -
This is my first competitive dance with Riley since internationals last year, and its crazy that we are dancing a tie breaker duet again. This duet is going really well anyhow. I just want to get our team to Victory!

Zara (Contemporary Dancer Dancer) POV -
There is so much chemistry between then, and that makes for a really good duet, I just hope that it's enough to get us into the next round.

THE JUDGES HAVE COME TO A DECISION - THE STUDIO MOVING ON INTO THE FEMALE SOLO ROUND IS
⭐️⭐️⭐️
THE NEXT STEP!

Riley (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
I'm so pleased that we made the next round.

James (Break Dancer) POV -
It's only the first round at Nationals and there has already been a tie breaker, the competition is just way better than last year.

Michelle (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
We're onto the next round and I can't wait to dance my Solo! I'm fired up!

Next time - It's time for Michelle to take the stage at the Nationals.

A/n: So a tie breaker in the first round? What did you think? I put a little Jiley duet in as there ain't one In the Nationals rules this year. COMMENT & VOTE if you enjoyed, thanks!