#26 = He makes you cry

Today was Niall's birthday and you and Niall had celebrated earlier this morning with a bit of birthday sex. It was his birthday and he did beg so you decided to treat him. Though you wanted for him to come home after an interview you watched on TV. You were smiling wide and glanced at a present on the kitchen bench. There was a card underneath and a new flat cap he had been talking about non stop in there.

Sitting tightly on the couch, you heard the door click and put on a wide smile as you saw Niall come through the door.

"Niall!" You chirped and he looked at you plain faced.

"Hi." He said and kept walking. You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion.

"Niall?" You were unsure of his behavior as he put some groceries up on the kitchens bench beside the present. You hid a small smile and bit your lip as he looked at it.

"What's this?" He asked and looked over the box. He didn't see the card and grunted before lightly throwing the present back on the bench. "Probably some present from a deranged fan." You went wide eyed as he ignored you and walked up the stairs.

You take it something went terrible today but that's no excuse. He just... he didn't even care. You dragged yourself back into the lounge room and turn off the TV so now you were in darkness. Sitting on the couch, you brought your knees up to you're chest and lightly cried into them.

No birthday kiss when he walked into the door. Not a smile, a proper acknowledgment, nothing...

You sat in darkness for a while as Niall did whatever he did upstairs. The whole house was in darkness until you saw the upstairs light turn on and footsteps pat on the floor.

"(Y/N)?" Niall called and you ignored him and kept tears from coming out any more. "(Y/N)? What are you doing in here? It's past 11 at night. Come to bed." He said and you looked up and smiled sadly.

"I hoped you would have liked it." Your voice cracked and you saw him walk into the room.

"Like what? What are you talking about?" He asked sitting next to you and you looked at him.

"You're an idiot... you know that right?" You sniffled and he put a hand on your shoulder.

"Are you... are you crying?" He asked and you looked forward again. He immediately pulled you into his chest but you ignored him. "Why are you crying baby? Why am I an idiot and what's going on? It's my birthday! Be happy yeah?" He tried to cheer you up but it didn't work.

"That present you didn't even look back at..." you started and he stroked your hair. "That was mine to you." He tensed and froze.

"T-that was yours?" He whispered and you pushed him away standing up.

"Yeah, hally birthday Niall." You sniffled and walked out of the room. You walked up the stairs and into your shared room before climbing into the bed on the end. A few minutes later, the door opened and you ignored it as it closed. A weight then went down on the bed and the side lamp turned on.

"I wonder what it is..." Niall muttered and you ignored him before pulling the blankets close to yourself. You heard him gasp and then silence. "No way..." he whispered and you felt a hand on your shoulder. "(Y/N)... thank you so much! Do you know how much I wanted this for my birthday?! Not even the lads gave me something like this!" You ignored him and he leant over your body to look at you.

"Did you forget the card this time?" You snapped and he pushed hair out of your face.

"No princess, I've got it right here." He waved it in front of you and put the cap on the side table along with the box. He snuggled in beside you and wrapped his arms around you as he began to open the card. You looked down as he took out the card with himself on the front. He chuckled and opened the card before reading over it.

"To Niall, happy birthday. You're finally 21. Yay! Anyway, I love you so much and I hope you have a fantastic day. I know we won't be together most of the day but even if that's the case, do what you want to do. We can do it together another time. As long as you're happy on your day then..."

He trailed off and began to silently read it. You was tearing up from what you had written and wiped falling tears away.

"Oh baby... I had n-no idea." He put the card on the side table and held you close. "I love you and I'm sorry." You.let out a sob and he turned you before pulling your face into his neck. "I didn't mean to hurt you. Especially on my birthday. I'm a terrible person. Baby, I love you and I didn't mean to hurt you. I'm sorry." He whispered and kissed your hair.

"H-happy birthday Niall..." you cried and he held you extremely close.

"We can't celebrate it if you're crying." He whispered and you sniffled.

"S-sorry..." you whispered and hugged him back.

"No, don't be. I was being a dick because I was being swarmed by crazy fans about my birthday today. All I wanted to do was spend it with you but I couldn't, and I hurt you. I'm sorry. Forgive me?" He whispered next to my ear and you nodded.

"Ok."

~ NouisHoransons_child