THE GAME : 8 ( Answers )

• { N I C O L E } •

I watched as Naveah played with her dolls. She was so beautiful. I heard my mom come downstairs.

"What are you looking at?"

"I was just looking at Naveah. She got so big mom. She's not a little girl anymore." I said.

My mom looked at Naveah. "Yeah. You need to go talk to her. She really wants to ask you some things." My mom said and I already knew what that meant.

Naveah probably wants some anserrs to why I'm just seeing her after years of not bein in her life. I'm willingly to Tell her too because I don't want for me and my daughter to  have a bad relationship. She's older now and smarter.

"Yeah your right. Wish me luck." I said.

"Good luck."

• { N A V E A H } • 

I was playing with my dollies when my mom came outside. "Hey baby." She said.

"Hi mom." I said. My mom is pretty and everything, but I don't feel comfortable around her. Especially since I barely know her.

"Whatcha uh .. whatcha doing?" She asked sitting down 

"Nothing playing with my dolls. What about you?"

"I came sit out here with you." She said and I nodded. There was an awkward silence. I was close to getting up, when she started talking. "So grandma told me you wanted to talk to me about something. You wanna talk right now?" 

"Yeah, sure." I put my dolls to the side.

She faced me. "So, talk to me."she said.

I fiddled with my fingers first. Now seeing that this is really happening, I'm nervous to ask...

"I have a question to ask you, but I'm nervous," I said.

"You can ask me hun. I'm your mom. You can ask me anything. I promise you I won't get mad." She said and I sighed.

"Okay .." I said. I took a deep breath before speaking. "Why did you leave me with dad?"

• { N I C O L E } •

I knew that was coming. But not like that. I thought she was gonna ask me something else.  But, I can't lie to her.

"Tell you the truth baby, and don't tell this anyone, I was doing some bad things and I couldn't keep you at the time. So I thought it was best for you to stay with Erica until I was clean." I answered.

She frowned. "Grandma couldn't take me?" I shook my head and she looked at the ground. "Why did you leave for so long though? When you was cured, why didn't you come back for me?" She asked.

These questions are out shooting at me like gun bullets and I feel so bad because I did leave her and I never went back for her when i was cured.

"I thought Lee was my real mom. Until Lindsey told me she wasn't. That's when I was hurt and wanted to ask Mama, but I was scared she wasn't gonna tell me anything." She said. Her eyes begin to water and I scooted on the side of her  and she started crying. I embraced her in my arms rubbing her back as she cried. I totally feel where she's coming from. I'm a deadbeat.

For now on, I don't want to worry about nobody else. Naveah's my #1 priority. And my mom of course.

"Times I need my real mom, I didn't know who she was. I had to talk to someone else who I thought was my real mom." Naveah cried. I sighed. I really could feel the tears forming in my throat. I swallowed them so they won't come.