~ The Game: 95

▪ [ ERICA ] ▪

"Who wants ice cream?" I asked.

"I doo!!!" Ma'Leah, Maria, and Eric screamed running to into the kitchen and I laughed. I looked into the living room and seen Cassidy and Lindsey talking. I smiled to myself.

"What kind do you guys want?"

My phone started ringing and I picks it up seeing a phonecall from Nicole.

"Hello?" I answered fixing the kids' ice cream.

"Hey, is it okay if I bring Naveah this weekend? She asked me if she can come."

"Yeah. When you coming get her?" I asked.

"Monday is fine? She doesn't have school Monday."

I nodded. I'll just have to bring her to the Doctor with us. "Yeah that's cool. Lemme know when your get here." .

"Kay, thanks."

I hung up and put my phone down.

"Baby be looking out for Nicole. She's bringing Naveah." I said. Lindsey looked at me and then got up walking out the house. I frowned. "What happened?" I asked.

Cassidy came to the kitchen. "I think you should talk to her... and bring Ava. Explain to her like the new .. relationship thing." I nodded and she took control of the ice cream.

I carefully picked Ava up out her swing and kissed her forehead walking outside seeing Lindsey sitting on the swing.

"Lindsey.." I spoke closing the door and sat next to her. "Lindsey why did you storm out like that?" I asked her. She didn't say anything. "Lindsey I'm not gonna ask you again.. "

"Why would you do that?"

"Do what?"

"Move on from Mom. She loves you still. Yesterday, I caught her looking at old wedding pictures. I asked her about them and she started crying. She missed you dad. Ever since we found out you were in the hospital and in that coma, she changed. She's been more quiet.. " Lindsey explained.

I shook my head. Lee and I been together for years and she's still holding on. She just needs to let me go and move on. It's best for the both us. And she's bringing the kids in it, making it worse.

"Lindsey me and mommy are drifitijg apart. Slowly.. Well.. I am. Your mom still loves me, I get that and I still love her. Never stopped. But sometimes, when things go bad, we have to move on. Before getting with Cassidy, your mom had a long time to try to work something out. Before we found that Cassidy was pregnant, and she never took it." I explained. "Now I'm done with her. We'll just be friends and take care of you guys. We don't want to argue." I said and she nodded.

"I just don't want you with anyone else but her.." Lindsey said.

I sighed and Ava looked around. "I get that Linds, but I'm with someone else. Someone I love just as much I love your mom. And look, aren't you happy to be a big sister?" I asked sitting Ava up and Lindsey looked at her and shrugged looking away.

"Can I call mommy?" She asked and I took my phone out putting in my password.

"What are you calling her for?" I asked as I handed her my phone.

"I wanna leave.." She said putting the phone to her ear and I sighed shaking my head. 

I laid Ava on me and played with her and kissed her.

"Hey baby girl!" I said and she smiled.

"Mommy?... It's Lindsey. Can you come get me?.... I'll tell you later... Okay, thanks." She said and then handed me my phone walking back into the house.

I shook my head again looking at my phone. She's really mad. Just like Lee. Lee probably filling Lindsey's mind with shit and now she looks at me like a fucking monster instead of her parent.

Shit fucked up.

▪ [ LEE ] ▪

"I'll be right back." I told Madison and drove to Erica's house. Lindsey called me wanting me to come get her. She probably doesn't feel the same.

Or maybe that bitch Cassidy is fucking with my daughter. If she is, I'm gonna stab her ass.

I blew the horn and walked to the door knocking on it. The door opened and Lindsey had her bag walking out.

"Ready baby?" She nodded and I looked inside seeing Eric, Ma'Leah, and Maria playing. Erica was looking at us from the couch and Cassidy was in the kitchen.

I closed the door without saying anything and Lindsey and I got in the car.

"Are we going back home?" Lindsey asked as we got in the car.

"Not right now. We're gonna stick around at Aunt Madison's house for the night." I told her and she nodded. "So why did you want to leave?" I asked curiously.

"Daddy got a new girlfriend. That woman that was in there. Think her name's, Cassidy." She said. "I told her how you still love her, and she said she moved on and how you should move on too." She explained and I shook my head.

"So Cassidy didn't touch you or tell you anything right?"

She shook her head. "She said she was our step mom and everything and how she wants a nice relationship with us." She said shrugging.

I nodded. "Did you like your new baby sister?" I asked.

"She is cute. But I don't have a connection with her like I did with the rest of my little siblings. It's weird.."

"Sweetie i get that, but you can't let something that yourn parents are going through, come between you and your siblings. She's only what .. a couple months? Next thing you know, she's gonna know everyone, except you. And your a good big sister Lindsey." I told her and she nodded. "Your gonna be fine. Promise.."

She sighed.

~ ~ ~ ~

* Comment your thoughts. 💝