The Game : 83

▪ [ CASSIDY ] ▪

I was sleeping when I felt someone shake me. I fluttered my eyes open seeing the police officer standing outside the car.

"Mam, were here." He said and I sighed lookin out the car seeing a nice 2 story home. I sighed looking over at Ava who was still sleeping. I looked at the time, 3.

I picked Ava up and she started whining going back to sleep in my arms. I kissed her curly head and ran my hand through her head full of hair. She has Erica's curly noddy soft hair.

When we got out, I noticed 3 other cop cars here also. I followed them to the door.

"Step back." He told me and I put my band over Ava's head holding her close to me and stepped back to the side standing behind the officer. My heart was beating terribly fast. He knocked on the door. "POLICE, OPEN UP!" He yelled. 2 minutes passed, and no one came to the door. They looked at each other and then nodded breaking the door down. "ANYONE HERE?!"

"HELLPPP!!" I heard Erica yell.

"I hear her! She's upstairs." I said and they walked pass me going to me the stairs. 

I was about to walk up the stairs when one of the cops grabbed my arm. "Mam, stay here with us. It's safer for you and your baby."

I sighed sitting on the couch and looked around. It's cold in here. I looked down at Ava who was sleeping still. Damn my baby a heavy sleeper.

Please let Erica be okay.

From the looks of it, Janet isn't here and that's a good thing.

▪ [ ERICA ] ▪

As soon as I heard that door bust down, I knew help was coming. Janet hasn't been here in all them hours and I'm happy af.

The door opened and 2 cops walked in. This just grew hella uncomfortable because I have a .. you know.

"We got her." One of them spoke into the walkie talkie. I felt my eyes getting heavy again. I sighed and my breathing started to pick up. I could barely feel my arms. "Mam, are you okay?" They asked me and I looked at them.

"I .. I don't .." I said.

"Get an ambulance!"

▪ [ CASSIDY ] ▪

"Get an ambulance!" I heard a cop yell. I started to panic. Please God, please.

"WHAT'S GOING ON?!" I cried and one of the officers came sit next to me.

"Shh, don't worry mam. Shes gonna be okay " he said and I started crying. Ava then started moving around and then she started whining. Next thing you know, we're both crying.

POW POW POW! 💥

I ducked down holding Ava's head and she screamed  louder.

"Shhh baby, mommy got you." I whispered kissing her forehead and put her pacifier in her mouth.

The cops ran to the door getting on both sides.

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?!" I heard Janet yell. There's no way to espcape, I should've never brought Ava. It's 3 something in the morning, and we could both die any minute. Janet walked in the house.

"Mam, drop your gun and nobody will get harmed..." The cop said and 3 of them pointed their guns towards her.

She laughed then looked at me. "You!" She said and pointed the gun to me and I dropped to floor holding Ava close to me crying.

"Please don't, please! I have my baby." I begged and Ava was screaming.

"JANET DROP IT!" They yelled.

"Or what?" She challenged. I sighed looking away.

"We got her Sheriff. Where -"

POW! 💥

I heard a loud yell sounding like Erica and I looked seeing her tumbling down the stairs with a gun shot in her stomach.

"NOOO!!" I screamed.

POW POW POW POW POW! 💥

I opened my eyes slowly hearing walkie talkies, polices, and I seen Janet in a pool of blood on the floor.

Dead.

I got up carefully and ran to Erica who was being put on a stretcher. She was gushing out blood.

"Erica!!" I cried and she looked at me weakly. I covered my mouth crying rocking Ava.

"A...va.." She whispered and swallowed.

"WHERE'S THAT DAMN AMBULANCE?!"

"They're getting a helicopter."

I shook my head looking at Erica. She's holding on.

"Your gonna make it mam, don't worry." He told Erica and she weakly nodded.

I can't stand seeing her like this. I'm really starting to feel lightheaded. I sighed hearing my heartbeat in my ears.

"Please mam, come sit." A woman said taking Ava from me and sat me on the couch and fanned me.

I looked over at Erica seeing her looking at me on the strecher. I sighed and then that was it.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

* R.I.P Janet..

* Good thing for the tracker on Erica's phone

* Will Erica survive the gunshot?

Remember, this isn't first time getting shot. She gotten shot I think 3 or 2 other times years ago so ..

* Comment your thoughts. 💜