Chapter 48

March 21, 1956 10:00AM

Jackie stood in the all too familiar spot in the kitchen. She was currently making bacon and eggs, she knew it would lure her husband downstairs, she smiled, ah yes her husband.

After cooking for about ten minutes Jackie became worried, the bacon had been out for a considerably long time, Jack always got up to the smell of them.

Maybe it was his back. Jackie sighed, it seemed with every passing day that back of his got worse.

Jackie turned off all the fires, being the safety is first type of person you'd meet (unless she was riding horses, she was a whole different person in that sense), before she head upstairs to check on her husband and afterwards her daughter who was still in a deep sleep.

Jackie turned into the room and saw Jack wasn't inside of it. Jackie frowned and went into the bathroom, what greeted her turned her face as white as snow.

Her husband was slumped against the wall sweating heavily, panting and seemingly unconscious.

Jackie rushed over to him and knelt by his side.

She put her hand over his forehead and pulled it back immedietly due to the heat radiating off of it.

She was instantly worried, it looked as though Jack had caught some sort of virus that came quickly and deadly.

Jackie ran downstairs and went to the icebox, she pulled out all the ice packs they had and ran back upstairs.

She tried to awake Jack but when she didn't suceed she pulled him into their room and placed his on their bed.

She then set the first ice pack on his forehead. It seemed to sizzle as though it were a hamburger on a grill.

Jackie bit her lip and placed another ice pack on his neck and so on.

She took the covers off him and brushed his sweaty hair back before she ran downstairs to call a doctor.