Volume i - Chapter 11

Louis' POV

I'm not angry at Harry for what he did. Not at all. It was my fault. I shouldn't have pushed him so far.

God, I hate myself right now. Not only does Harry think that I don't really mean what I've said to him, but I'm pretty sure Gemma knows that I like Harry.

I mean, I just kind of got up and left her on the beach to go after her crying brother.

And, you know, his crush isn't obvious at all...

Wow, what are we even doing?

I sighed and walked back to the beach to find everyone packing up anyway. I grabbed my things and saw Gemma standing by the tree, smiling and waiting for me. I smiled back briefly and walked over to her.

"Hey," she said as we started walking "What was all that about?"

Shit.

"Um, I just, uh, wanted to make sure he was okay. He's a good kid and all, I was just... yeah." I trailed off and looked back at her to see her still smiling.

It looked forced. Like, faker than... fake things?

I don't know, my head is not in a good place right now, don't judge.

But I did feel really bad. She knows, I can tell. And it's hurting her, I can see that too.

God, I'm such a bad person.

She nodded slowly as we kept walking, not talking again.

When did this relationship become so awkward?

We all trudged through the woods back to the campsite to see no sign of Harry anywhere.

I sat down in my chair by the firepit, put my head in my hands and thought about what to do. I think I need to break things off with Gemma. It seems to not only be hurting Harry in an obvious way, but I think it's hurting her too to see me like this.

I should do something... soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wasn't really paying attention to what was going on around me and I think I dozed off for a while. So two hours later when I rubbed my sleepy eyes and looked up, I saw an extra tent set up and two extra chairs around our fire.

It seems Liam and Zayn have moved campsites to join us.

Speak of the devil.

I looked to my side to see Zayn and Liam playing cards at a table they must brought with them.

"Hey there, sleepy-head!" Zayn called out, seeing me stretching and standing up. I gave him the bird and quickly looked around for Harry, who I couldn't see anywhere. I soon realised Niall was gone too and assumed he had gone to find Harry.

I couldn't help but worry.

I really hope he's okay.

"Gemma's asleep in your tent, she was pretty tired." Liam explained, assuming I was looking for her.

Oh right, she's still my girlfriend.

"Um, yeah, thanks." I said "Where are the others?"

Of course, what I really wanted to say was 'Where's my beautiful Hazza? I'm worried sick and I just want to hold him' but I couldn't.

"Harry left the beach early and when we came back, he wasn't here so Niall went to go find him." He continued.

"Oh, okay, um, cool." I awkwardly scratched the back of my neck and shuffled closer to the table, dragging my chair along with me.