Volume ii - Chapter 36

Louis' POV

The next morning, I was the last one awake. I climbed out of the tent, pulled a beanie over my hair and wandered over to the fire where everyone was sitting.

"Morning bro," Niall greeted.

"Hey Ni," I replied. The others were all sitting around a roaring fire, but I was cold so I just stood next to Harry's chair and warmed my hands.

"So who's on breakfast duty this morning?" Liam asked, stoking Gemma's hair as she leant her head on his shoulder.

"Uh, not me. I don't think." I commented, looking over to Niall and Zayn. "Zayn?"

"Uh, yeah. We could do it?" He asked, kissing Niall's head before looking at him to ask.

"Yeah, sure." Niall replied, getting up from his chair and holding a hand out to help up his boyfriend.

Zayn took his hand and as they walked over to the esky to start breakfast, I stared after them, smiling because I hadn't seen my brother that happy in a long time.

"What you thinking bout?" I heard Harry ask from behind me. I turned around to see him leaning back in his chair, a grin on his face as he watched me.

"Oh, uh, nothing really. I'm just happy." I replied, keeping my body facing the fire. And really, I was. I was incredibly happy, the most I had been for a long time.

"Oh." Harry answered, still smiling at me.

"You know," I retorted, turning around a little so I could look at him. "You should do that more often."

"What?" he asked.

"Smile." I informed him, flashing him a grin.

"Oh," He blushed a little.

"You have a beautiful smile." I continued, turning back around to the fire so I had my back to him again as I warmed my hands.

Luckily, Gemma and Liam were in their own little world on the other side, seemingly not noticing mine and Harry's exchange.

I think he blushed, I don't really know but I think I know Harry well enough to know that whenever I compliment him, he blushes.

"We're going to go for our walk." Liam announced, grabbing Gemma's hand and leading them away so they could change.

"Okay, have fun!" I waved them off before looking back down at the fire.

I sighed as I rotated my hands in front of the flames.

After last night, I went back to the tent and lay awake for a while, just thinking.

I never know how people could just be in love. I never felt it with Gem. Well, at the time I thought I did, but looking back, I think I just wanted to believe it, but it wasn't there. I never really knew how two people could just be together and know that they were meant to be together.

My mum always said that to know, you just have to picture your life without that person and you would know.

So last night, as I laid awake, I thought about what my life would be like without Harry. And I couldn't do it. I couldn't do it without tearing up.

If Harry ever left me, I would be a wreck. In the week that we've been out here, he's shown me something I never knew I could feel. I want to be with him every second of every day and I don't want to let him go.

So, I came to the conclusion that I love him. I am in love with Harry Styles.

I wanted to tell him, but I wanted it to be special. I didn't want to just blurt it out so I'd planned it out and everything. Also, I wanted to ask him to officially be my boyfriend, so I thought I'd do it all at the same time.