Volume ii - Chapter 25

Harry POV

We've only been sitting by the lake for a few minutes and already I hate it.

First, the lake was a fair walk from the campsite and me being, well, me, I was at the back of the group and of course, Louis just had to fall back and walk with me.

He tried talking a few times but I just didn't answer him, leaving us walking in an awkward silence. He still walked with me thought, despite the obvious signs I was putting out for him to leave me alone.

Second, everyone was happy except me. Zayn, Liam and Louis were playing football in the grassy patch next to the lake, laughing and having a great time and Gemma was happily sunbathing. Then there was Niall, chatting away with me, blissfully unaware of the fact that I had no clue what he was talking about, all I could do was gawk at Louis.

The boys were all shirtless and a little sweaty from playing in the sun and Louis looked absolutely stunning.

It was a shame he was such an idiotic ass, otherwise he would have been quite a catch.

"-yeah and it was so funny, Harry! You should have been there!" Niall laughed, turning to look at me and upon seeing what I was staring at, he stopped whatever he was saying.

"Harry, please. Don't put yourself through this." He warned.

"What?" I asked, hearing him for the first time.

"You either want him or you don't. But you can't keep playing with him like this." He continued, earning a confused expression from me.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, hoping that the whole playing dumb front would work. It didn't.

Niall rolled his eyes and took a deep breath. "Harry, Louis told us what happened between you two. He's just confused-"

"He's just an ass, that's what." I interrupted with a scoff, mimicking him.

"Harry," Niall tried reasoning with me but I didn't want to hear it. "Harry, c'mon."

"C'mon what? Niall, he doesn't like me. He's playing with me, not the other way around." I retorted.

"Harry, I swear to god, please, let go of this ridiculous notion that he doesn't care." Niall said, adding a touch of venom to his voice "He has shown you time and time again that he does."

He was clearly getting fed up now.

"Niall, he may have shown you, but to me, he's still the conceited bastard that leads me on and disappoints me yet again." I replied with a sarcastic smile before turning away from him and lying down, ignoring him.

"Fine." Niall growled, standing up "Be like that. I swear, Harry, you need to grow up and realise what's actually going on around you and stop making up shit in the stupid version of reality that you insist on living in! You're so stubborn! God!"

I just huffed and rolled into my stomach, burying my head in my arms as he walked away and joined the football game.

Stupid Niall.

He doesn't know shit. He has no idea what's going on. He doesn't know what's going on inside Louis' head. He hasn't seen the side of Louis that I have.

He doesn't know anything.

Then, it dawned on me.

Shit.

He was right.

I did kinda just throw it at him with no warning, it was only normal for him to feel a little apprehensive about it all.