Volume iii - Chapter 49

Harry's POV

I opened the front door to my house quickly, wanting to get inside as fast as possible.

Niall, being Niall, decided to pick a fight with the school psycho, Nick, by drawing a dick on his car window with a sharpie.

And he probably would have gotten away with it.

Except he wanted to add some extra pubes just when Nick came out of the school building.

So we were chased all the way home.

I think we lost him when we ran down the alley way and cut a few corners to try and get him off our trail, but still.

I was just happy he didn't know where I lived.

Besides, it was Friday, all we wanted was to get inside and relax.

Especially since I'd been even more jittery than usual.

"Fuck , it's cold." Niall complained, kicking his shoes off and dropping his bag beside them.

I rolled my eyes.

"Well it is winter." I replied.

"Gees, when did you get so snappy?" Niall retorted, laughing a little then pushing past me into the kitchen.

Usually, I would find Niall's humour funnier, but I just wasn't in the mood.

Louis hadn't called in a few days and I was... worried. Upset. Nervous.

I know it sounds stupid, but we spoke every day. Every single day.

I thought that I might have upset him or something, and he was avoiding me. I started second guessing myself and just being flustered all the time.

I couldn't concentrate on anything but him and if I had done something wrong.

Not speaking to him since a text on Wednesday morning was torture.

Louis was my drug and I was having withdrawals.

I took my shoes off and hung my bag on the rail at the bottom of the stairs before following Niall into the kitchen.

He was sitting on the kitchen bench, happily munching on a cupcake and drinking a can of Solo.

"Hey, your mum made cupcakes!" he chirped, cake falling from his mouth as he held it up to show me.

I smiled briefly at him before jumping up and joining him on the bench.

I sighed. "Did you just take one?" I asked him.

"No, she left a note! She said she made them for us." Niall justified with a grin.

I shook my head with a small smile and reached over him to grab a cupcake from the stand beside him.

"Hey," Niall turned to me with a worried face. "You okay?"

I nodded and tried to make it seem convincing, but he wasn't buying it.

"You sure?" he pressed. "Cause you seem pretty down, mate."

"Yeah yeah. I'm fine." I insisted. "Just missing Lou, that's all."

Niall looked at me sadly, some cupcake falling out of his mouth as he sighed.

I laughed a little at him and handed him a paper towel before he wiped his mouth and continued.

"It's okay, man. I miss Zayn too. We just have to work through it. It'll all be okay in the end." Niall said, patting my back.

"Yeah yeah. You're right." I agreed, not wanting to tell him the whole story. "Let's go play, yeah?"