20: An Old Friend

When I woke up on the 6th, Scott was holding my hands against his chest. I moved a little bit and he looked at me. I smiled and moved a little closer to him. He moved closer as well and I leaned over to kiss him and he fit my lips against his.

"Good morning, Mae," he said as I pulled back and rubbed my cheek against the pillow. I smiled and he smiled.

"Good morning, Scotty," I whispered. He laughed a little and moved my hair.

"Isn't that what Molly called me last night?" he asked. I smiled and took his hand.

"It was but I liked it so I am keeping it," I said. He laughed some more and I sat up in the bed. "As much as I love to our trip to London, I would love it more if we were back on the Titanic by tonight so we can spend more private time together," I told him as he sat up.

"Okay, let me get Emma and Robert then we will eat breakfast," he said. I nodded and slid out of the bed.

***

An hour and a half later, I was in a black skirt and white blouse. I was holding Scott's arm and we were walking to the small café that was down the street from the hotel. It was the old café that my parents use to take me on my birthday when I was growing up and we were all together. Scott wore simple clothes; just his white shirt and his slacks with his spenders showing on the top. I made him put on a collar so he looked a little nicer since it was a nice third class restaurant.

"This may be the last time that I will ever eat here," I said. He looked at me and I looked back at him with a small smile.

"It may be but I hope that we do return since your history here is so rich," he said. I looked forward again as the café came into view. He opened the door and I walked into the café.

"Mae? Mae Morgan?" a female voice asked as we walked to the counter. I looked over and saw a girl my age with a hopeful look on his eyes. I smiled and ran towards the girl as I gave her hug.

"Sarah Jones!" I exclaimed as we hugged each other. She laughed as Scott walked to us and I looked at him. "Scott, this is my friend, Sarah Jones. Sarah, let me introduce my fiancée, Mr. Scott Sire," I said as Scott touched my back.

"Pleasure, Mr. Sire," Sarah said as she offered her hand to him.

"Please call me Scott, Miss Jones," Scott said. Sarah smiled.

"Please call me Sarah, Scott. Now where did you two meet and where are you two are going to live?" she asked as we sat at the counter with myself in the center of Scott and Sarah.

"Scott got us a suite on the Titanic. We are going to start our lives in his home country of America," I said as Scott ordered three Budweisers from the server.

"The Titanic?" she asked in awe.

"The Titanic. It is the most beautiful ship to be built in the world," I said as she leaned forward to listen to what I had to say. "Scott secured us a suite on the ship and I can't wait for us to go to ship for the journey," I shared with her.

"At least one of us is going to America," Sarah said. Her parents moved to London when we were seven and moved into the same tenant building that my family was living in. I had helped her with the boys in the tenant that treated her differently because she was an American.

"Scott, do you have a hundred pounds on you?" I asked, looked at my fiancée. He raised an eyebrow.

"Why would you like a hundred pounds?" Scott asked as I watched him touch his pocket.

"I want to make sure that Sarah can get to Southampton and buy a ticket to the Titanic," I said. She shook her head.

"Don't do that. I have a ticket for next month on the Carpathia to go to America," she said as the server brought the Budweisers. I smiled.

"Then I will be at the port when you arrive, waving," I said. She smiled and then looked at Scott who was drinking his beer.

"You are marrying up in the society, I see," she said as she touched my knee. I looked at Scott and he looked at me with a slightly confused face.

"I am and if he had left me alone, I would be in France right now," I said and he smiled at me.

"I told her that I don't give up very easily which is why I sold my mansion in America and made sure she didn't run away from me," he said. She looked at him and raised an eyebrow.

"So where are you two going to live when you get to America?" she asked. I looked at Scott. I hadn't even thought about our living arrangement when we arrived to America.

"That is something that neither one of you should worry about. I will take care of my fiancée and she gets to host as many parties as she wants whenever she wants," he said. I knew enough that it meant that he had an arrangement with Mr. Ismay about our housing in America.

"Sarah, don't worry about me. Scott can take care of me. That is what husbands are suppose to do," I told her. She looked between the two of us and I smiled.

"What brings you to the café though? I thought that the first class would be eating at the cafés on the other side of town," she said. Scott and I exchanged a look and we smiled at each other.

"Tolerance."